Seafood dinner

chatbug

Feb 17, 2002
Can anybody recommend a good place near Playa Dorada or Cabarete for a good lobster dinner? Maybe even in Puerto Plata?

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
in cabarete you should go to
Le Miro, Otra Cosa or La Casita
nothing in sosua
in pop you go to Acuarela.

khughes

Feb 4, 2002
"captain Cooks"

I was told about this and i will be trying it out in March will let you all know

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Depends on where you are from?

If you are from the East Coast of the USA,say Rhode Island up to Maine,or Canada Too! Then you have "eaten" what we call' Maine Lobster",and will find the lobster here "Dry,Tough,and "missing" its two big claws! Eat "RedSnapper"(Chillo),or Mero,instead of lobster! don,t eat oysters or clams either,they have no flavor,except when they don,t refrigerate them,"Often"!CrissCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
Re: Depends on where you are from?

Criss Colon said:
If you are from the East Coast of the USA,say Rhode Island up to Maine,or Canada Too! Then you have "eaten" what we call' Maine Lobster",and will find the lobster here "Dry,Tough,and "missing" its two big claws! Eat "RedSnapper"(Chillo),or Mero,instead of lobster! don,t eat oysters or clams either,they have no flavor,except when they don,t refrigerate them,"Often"!CrissCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

First time I had lobster here I figured it had been sauteed in mud for a few days. This is not a cold water lobster by any stretch...

We eat better lobster in Saskatchewan!

marc

PS - the Waterfront has as good a lobster as I have had down here, and a great view. Atlantic has a great view, but if you are not used to poverty, the surroundings may be a shock to your system.

chatbug

Feb 17, 2002
Eat better lobster in SK?

Are you from Saskatchewan, Marc? I leave in a few days! I am so excited.

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
Saskabush

Yeah, chatbug, my wife and I grew up in P.A., most recently from Calgary/Canmore. We have friends coming down from Calgary on the 6th (Sosua/Cabarete). If you want to try and hook up for a drink while you are here we will be around spuratically as we do the 2 week dash around the north coast with our guests.

Give us a call 844-0285 if you want to join for a brew and some advice on what to see/not see during your stay.

take care,
marc

D

Dubld

In Puerto Plata try Ponderosa Restaurant (sounds like beef but it's a fish joint). Lots of choice and lots of Dominican dishes like Lambi (conch)!!!
If you are staying on the beach in Paya Dorada walk along the beach towards the local restaurants and check out Elena's at the very end. Ask for Elvis and tell them Dora says hola!!