Divorce records

chickadee1112

Nov 17, 2016
Hello, I've been married to a Dominican man for a couple months. I've realized he is not faithful and has no intention of changing. I'm starting the divorce process. I feel like he is probably not officially divorced from his first wife ( he got uncomfortable when asked for the date of the divorce finalization). It would make the divorce process much easier if I could show he is still married to first wife. Any suggestions how I could get ahold of these records from DR?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
You can go to the civil registry in any town with his cedula number and they will give you the copy of any divorces.

matilda

chickadee1112

Nov 17, 2016
So I will have to physically go to DR to look for the documents? Are there people who I can pay to do it? How do I get his cedula number?

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
So I will have to physically go to DR to look for the documents? Are there people who I can pay to do it? How do I get his cedula number?
If you were married in the Dominican Republic, his cedula number is on your Acta de Matrimonio. He also would have had to fill out a declaration of single status, and provide a copy of his divorce decree if he were previously married.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
His cefula is his ID card, he should have it with him in his wallet. As mentioned above it will be on your marriage cert as well. If you can't find it you can tell him you dreamed of him last night so need it to play the lottery (that never fails). It is 3 numbers followed by a dash (-) 6 or so more followed by another - then one number.

Matilda

DannyWings

Nov 17, 2015
Good luck. U r not the first and will not b the last. Every Dominicano's middle name is Mujeriego. Comes with the territory.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
MaNY Dominicans do not formally marry and just live together calling it marriage. When the "marriage" goes south she gets the furniture and he moves in with the girlfriend.*