DR1 Daily News Extra - Friday, 18 November 2016

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
No flight cancellations at Puerto Plata International
Death by a Thousand Cuts in La Romana on 22 November

No flight cancellations at Puerto Plata International
Puerto Plata?s Gregorio Luper?n International Airport (POP) is operating as usual, despite flooding that affected its installations on the evening of 17 November 2016. Aerodom, the airport operator, reports that the problem was tackled and no flights have needed to be cancelled.

The National Association of Hotels & Tourism issued a news update that says that Amber Cove and the Puerto Plata International Airport ?are operating as usual?.

Andr?s Marranzini, executive vice president of Asonahores, says that it is important that tourism industry in the north coast continue to operate as this will contribute to the area?s recovery from the flooding and many days of rains that have impacted the economy of the north coast.

Asonahores issued a call for all members to assist in help programs that are being channeled by the Association of Hotels and Tourism of the North Coast (Asohonorte).

He said that hotels and other tourism companies are implementing the prevention measures contemplated in the Hurricane Procedures Manual of the Caribbean Tourism and Hotels Association and the general recommendations by the Emergency Operations Center (COE).

Marranzini said that Aerodom says that the Puerto Plata international airport is in operation and that flights are being carried out normally. No flight has been cancelled.

Death by a Thousand Cuts in La Romana on 22 November
Death by a Thousand Cuts, the award-winning documentary that tells the story of the fight for the Dominican border forests will be shown at Cinema Caribbean Casa de Campo Marina movie house on Tuesday, 22 November 2016 at 7pm. This is the only day the film will be shown in La Romana.

The film, ?Death by a Thousand Cuts?, tells the story of the millionaire illegal charcoal trade. The documentary looks into the way illegal charcoal cutting is affecting the island of Hispaniola and the dangers for the Dominican Republic.*

DR1 Daily News mistakenly reported that film producer Jake Kheel would be present for the 22 November presentation. He will instead attend a private showing on 21 November.

KITTU

May 13, 2015
Dolores,
Did I miss the posting of the RD company winning the Cemex Award for best cement construction.

Won the International prize for the Amanera build.
Not a huge user of cement but difficult to build design.

A real coup for an RD company

I found an article
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...s-worlds-best-architecture-and-construction_o
I cannot understand. Maybe this is a joke. Amanera is not a architectural wonder and when i was there in August, the toilets couldn't withstand rain and it was like taking shower when using the toilet in rain. Well now that amanera has been sold, the new owners have a lot more to finish, construction wise!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Kitty,
Nothing changes with the hotel.
Business as usual as far as Amanera is concerned.

I hope you reported your disappointment to management.

But , yes, it did win the top international award.