Another Bella Vista Assault

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...en-ascensor-de-torre-en-bella-vista-HC5499018

Check out the video.

Woman robbed at knifepoint in elevator. Thief was traced by the stolen mobile phone and was an employee of a nearby minimarket and was arrested and it appears her handbag/belongings were recovered.

Makes you wonder when you order things from the local colmado/mini market or fast food outlet and let them deliver to you in your apartment!!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...en-ascensor-de-torre-en-bella-vista-HC5499018

Check out the video.

Woman robbed at knifepoint in escalator. Thief was traced by the stolen mobile phone and was an employee of a nearby minimarket and was arrested and it appears her handbag/belongings were recovered.

Makes you wonder when you order things from the local colmado/mini market or fast food outlet and let them deliver to you in your apartment!!

You let them into your apartment? We meet them at the door, no one comes inside.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
You let them into your apartment? We meet them at the door, no one comes inside.

It seems the done thing in apartment blocks. Open the locked gates for them enter, and then the common door lock release but have them at arms length behind the steel doors. Last place I lived was much more lax in Bella Vista....but not us.

We have the same delivery guys and the same colmado...the policy of the apartment owners. We can see them before allowing entry from the balconies......only 5 apartments.

(I corrected the OP text to elevator btw)

Can the video be shown as a video stand alone so people will view........this is a wake up call for anyone using an elevator alone in the city......beware of your surroundings!

Sep 4, 2012
The price of "convenience" in the DR sometimes is too hefty, although; I do love Presidentes door deliveries. Dumb thief for sure, caught strictly by mere stupidity.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
thankfully she got away basically unscathed ...it must have been terrifying for her to be stuck for that length of time in the elevator