"Aeropuerto Internacional Las Americas" ->> "Punta Cana, B?varo"

vconsumer

Nov 20, 2016
"Aeropuerto Internacional Las Americas" ->> "Punta Cana, B?varo"

Hello everybody,
I am right now living in Santo Domingo with my girlfriend. My parents will come the 28th of december to visit us and they will arrive at 5 PM at the airport of Santo Domingo also known as "Aeropuerto Internacional Las Americas". Unfortunately, we didn't plan really well our trip and now we want to find a good transportation company, which can provide a big enough car for 4 persons and luggage and drive us directly from the airport to our hotel in Punta Cana, B?varo.

I did a quick research and found two options:
Private Minivan for 140?

and
2. a dominican one for 150$

Does anyone know something cheaper transportation companies?

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
The taxis waiting at the airport include minivans, just pick one & ask "cuanto es el pasaje a punto cana?" Pay cash upon arrival, "propino" means tip

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
4 people with Luggage , Christmas time , from Santo Domingo to Punta cana.
you want cheaper than $150 ? , Really ?

Julia31

Jan 4, 2012
I think thats actually quite cheap. You are aware of the fact that it is a 3 hour journey right?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hello everybody,
I am right now living in Santo Domingo with my girlfriend. My parents will come the 28th of december to visit us and they will arrive at 5 PM at the airport of Santo Domingo also known as "Aeropuerto Internacional Las Americas". Unfortunately, we didn't plan really well our trip and now we want to find a good transportation company, which can provide a big enough car for 4 persons and luggage and drive us directly from the airport to our hotel in Punta Cana, B?varo.

I did a quick research and found two options:
Private Minivan for 140€

and
2. a dominican one for 150$

Does anyone know something cheaper transportation companies?

I would contact one of the transportation companies and verify the price and make a reservation. DO NOT wait until you get to the airport to find transportation. You will have no bargaining power and pay the highest price.

vconsumer

Nov 20, 2016
Thanks a lot for the answers!

I talked with some natives here and they suggested me to rather rent a car on our own, since it would be about the same price, if you take into account the money we need to pay to get back. Also it'll be much more convenient.

And before all the warnings rush in: YES Dominicans drive freakin' crazy, I had the chance to observe that during my 3 months now I am living here. Still any suggestions on the appropiate driving behaviour?

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
... Still any suggestions on the appropiate driving behaviour?

Drive defensively but confidently. Be assertive without being overly aggressive. Be aware of everything around you. Beware of other drivers changing lanes suddenly. Be expectant of other drivers doing something profoundly stupid.

Enjoy the freedom of having your own transportation.

vconsumer

Nov 20, 2016
Drive defensively but confidently. Be assertive without being overly aggressive. Be aware of everything around you. Beware of other drivers changing lanes suddenly. Be expectant of other drivers doing something profoundly stupid.

Enjoy the freedom of having your own transportation.

Thanks a lot for the good advise. We have survived it and to be honest it wasn't as bad as everybody is suggesting. If you drive more or less "normal" and quit without any aggression in your lane it's all good