Car Ferry

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's still just a very basic foot passenger service from Sabana de la Mar to Samana. Apparently there have been delays in the plan for a proper car ferry service.

UrbanGuest

Apr 12, 2013
www.georgiaflash.com
How often does the passenger service run? I'll be staying in the Punta Cana area and was wondering is it a service I can catch in the morning do some tourist stuff in Samana and then get back in the afternoon or evening? Is there a website I can go to?

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Someone posted their experience just recently with the schedule and rates. I don't have time right now to look for it but give it a try with the search function.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
How often does the passenger service run? I'll be staying in the Punta Cana area and was wondering is it a service I can catch in the morning do some tourist stuff in Samana and then get back in the afternoon or evening? Is there a website I can go to?

There is a hotel in Sabana de la Mar. I would go on-line and find a phone number and call this place and ask about the ferry. In Samana City there really isn't much tourist things to do unless you are going to be there between the middle of January to middle of March when the whales are in the Bay. There are things to do on the Samana Peninsula but you would really need transportation. Good luck and good travels.

UrbanGuest

Apr 12, 2013
www.georgiaflash.com
Thanks for the info everyone. I am planning to just go over to the peninsula and do some sightseeing maybe go to LT if practical. I saw online that the ferry leaves at 0800 and the last one back is at 1500 so I may try that one day while visiting. I've been in the DR dozens of times but never been anywhere past Miches nor have I ever been to Samana City although I have been to Las Terrana, just looking for something new and adventurous. Also may go over to La Romona and do the Rio Chavon excursion one day too.