Where do friends of Bill meet in Santiago??

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hi folks.

I have a friend who needs some help and he is willing to go meet some of Bill's friends, but I don't know if and where they meet here in Santiago.

Any assistance will be wonderful.

Cordially,

HB

Last edited by a moderator:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I live here in Santiago. Bill? Doesn?t ring a bell. Who are you referring to?*

Irie

Aug 15, 2014
DR1 gets a bit cryptic. Time to pull out my decoder ring. Lol

With sincerity, good luck to your friend HB in finding what he needs.*

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
I have researched this before. There are a few meetings in the Capital but none in central DR associated with AA world Intergroup. That is not to say there could not be many 12 step AA groups out there but I doubt you will find an open speaker meeting in Santiago. They would most likely be smaller word of mouth meetings, discussion and big book meetings.

Hillbilly, If by any chance there is a Big Book to be found in Santiago have him start reading the first 164 pages for that is where the steps are drawn out of. Or if he is still on the edge have him start reading the stories in the back. He just might identify and get a bit of hope. If you can not fin one contact me and I will get him one ( English? or Spanish?). My groups representative here in Boston can get these for me. In the meanwhile, this weekend I will call in town and NYC and see if they can direct me to any Dominicans in the area that travel to and know where the meetings are or the contact number of a service member. Remember to tell him the only requirement for AA is the desire to stop drinking. And when he does know there is a better way of life his drinking will be ruined fore ever.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
For those of you who do not know, "friends of Bill" is a discreet euphemism for AA. Hillbilly, being the gentleman he is, knew that anyone who could answer his query would understand it for what it was. And that anyone who didn't want to out themselves as a member could PM him the answer. *

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I am not a member but I have good friends that are, and have had three friends drink themselves to death, so understand the desperation and support people with addiction require. It appears from the number of NA meeting in Santiago that there is a serious Narcotics addiction issue in the DR. NA meetings will help somebody with an alcohol addiction problem as well.

bellakins

May 31, 2008
The list of meetings (referred website) is obviously very outdated.*
La Roca in Sosua has been closed for a long time, for one example.
John (John's Recovery House) in Cabarete may know of meetings in Santiago.
You will find his phone number if you search his website.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thank you all, especially Bob and Jumbo for providing such good information. This is a process and it has to get started.

Much appreciated. Just goes to prove that DR1 is a great site for any and all sorts...

Major abrazos to you all.

Cordially,

HB

flbmac31

May 31, 2017
PUCMM Dental Program

I was unable to contact you directly so am going to "backdoor" to see if you can help.

I am looking for "Hillbilly" who works with the dental program at PUCMM. My wife is a professor there and suggested a use this forum for a discete way to get a recommendation.

You had made some recommendations a few years ago, but since I live here I will pass more details when you get back with me.

Bob

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I was unable to contact you directly so am going to "backdoor" to see if you can help.

I am looking for "Hillbilly" who works with the dental program at PUCMM. My wife is a professor there and suggested a use this forum for a discete way to get a recommendation.

You had made some recommendations a few years ago, but since I live here I will pass more details when you get back with me.

Bob

I sent Hillbilly a PM.
You need over 10 posts in order to use the PM function on this forum.
So either up your post count or watch this thread for a possible response from Hillbilly.

Don