The DR on of the 3 top destinations for winter holiday illness claims

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Revealed: Egypt, Mexico and the Dominican Republic are the top three destinations for winter holiday illness claims
More than a quarter of all winter holiday illness cases originate in Egypt
Mexico follows as the next worst destination with over one in ten claims
Law firm said that illness often comes from food being left out

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...ter-holiday-illness-claims.html#ixzz4R2XcZEoM
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
and people say dominican food is bland... it's spiced with bacteria and parasite!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Revealed: Egypt, Mexico and the Dominican Republic are the top three destinations for winter holiday illness claims

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...ter-holiday-illness-claims.html#ixzz4R2XcZEoM

Before even reading I knew it must be an article from Britain. Biggest bunch of over-drinking, over-eating, unsanitary tourists on the planet that whinge about everything.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
If you haven't stayed in a place with a lot of Eastern Bloc tourists you may want to rethink the British comment. They lead the worst tourist of the year award. Year after year

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Before even reading I knew it must be an article from Britain. Biggest bunch of over-drinking, over-eating, unsanitary tourists on the planet that whinge about everything.

what do you mean "unsanitary"? those british teeth are a work of art! :cheeky:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Come on guys, drop it a notch, ok? Might make Chiri feel uncomfortable (or maybe this is one of those situations when being from Gibraltar comes in handy, since its Britain but not Britain, lol).

On the other hand, I always had the impression that the British were never too fond of the DR. The tourist numbers from there seem paltry compared to what they could be. The British media also seem to have a sort of vendetta against the DR, namely publishing and blowing out of proportion every little negative thing that happens in Dominican tourism, especially when the people involved are British.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Come on guys, drop it a notch, ok? Might make Chiri feel uncomfortable (or maybe this is one of those situations when being from Gibraltar comes in handy, since its Britain but not Britain, lol).

On the other hand, I always had the impression that the British were never too fond of the DR. The tourist numbers from there seem paltry compared to what they could be. The British media also seem to have a sort of vendetta against the DR, namely publishing and blowing out of proportion every little negative thing that happens in Dominican tourism, especially when the people involved are British.

what a crock!! jeezus, NALS, you are an intelligent guy. you can think up better stuff than this.

firstly, you need to understand that tourists tend to go to ex colonial territories, if they exist. which means that the British might be more inclined to go to places like Jamaica, as opposed to the DR. by simple arithmetic, if more go to point A, less will be available to go to point B
.secondly, there have been prior incidents in which groups of English people have become sickened by food in the DR. if memory serves me right, travel operators have had to compensate clients for illnesses they developed in the DR. this is not imaginary. this is not whining. if you were the guy bent over the toilet bowl for hours, you might be less hasty about characterizing these reports as a vendetta. maybe you might want to tell us what might be the genesis of this vendetta to which you cavalierly allude.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015

Sam and Ella would disagree.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
what do you mean "unsanitary"? those british teeth are a work of art! :cheeky:

What I mean is what I've observed. Going to bathroom, then not washing hands, going directly to the buffet. Drinking far, far, in excess, which tends to make one sick, and also not pay attention to what one eats. I realize that not all Brits are like this but I've observed British tourists in Spain, Cyprus, Israel, France, Canada, Thailand, and the Dominican Republic.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
What I mean is what I've observed. Going to bathroom, then not washing hands, going directly to the buffet. Drinking far, far, in excess, which tends to make one sick, and also not pay attention to what one eats. I realize that not all Brits are like this but I've observed British tourists in Spain, Cyprus, Israel, France, Canada, Thailand, and the Dominican Republic.

two challenges for you here, bob.*

1...prove that Brits drink more than any other groups of tourists. i observe tourists of all types, and i don?t think Brits drink the most.

2..show me where drinking heavily increases the risk of getting infected by contaminants in the food.