Shipping costs

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
I am looking to ship 2 pallets each 8 ft high with used clothing boxed in banana boxes from Raleigh to Santo Domingo. Does anyone have any idea about what this would cost and what the import taxes would be? Thanks!

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Sorry I can't help with cost estimates, but I remember that several years ago there was a law passed banning the import of used clothing. If that law is still in effect, you wouldn't be able to get them through customs, I would think.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Sorry I can't help with cost estimates, but I remember that several years ago there was a law passed banning the import of used clothing. If that law is still in effect, you wouldn't be able to get them through customs, I would think.

hi, Profe. they must have rescinded that used clothing law, because that is the biggest business in this country as we speak...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Most of it seems to arrive via Haiti.

that is what i am told. however, if there is a law against the importation of used clothes into the country, it is being effectively circumvented, and there has to be collusion, since everbody knows the final destinations. they could put a stop to it by raiding any number of pulgas.