Transportation between North Coast and Bayahibe

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
Hello,

If I want to split my next DR vacation between Sosua/Cabarete area and Bayahibe - are two step bus journey with Metro Bus from Sosua to Santo Domingo and from there to Bayahibe (with the other bus company) to La Romana/Bayahibe ok?

My plan would be to fly into and leave from POP so I would have to do the bus journey round trip. I have heard that the Metro Bus is comfortable at least but the total trip is probably 6 hours minimum from door to door I assume.

For the ones who have done those bus trips, is it ok or should I look into alternative travel options such as car/taxi?

Probably this has been asked before about the comfort and total travel time for this kind of trip but value your input

Thanks/MM

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
So your best bet is to do a multi city option on your air ticket. Fly into POP and out of SDQ. Saves a lot of time and money if you can do it.
The bus ride on Metro to SD is 3.5-4 hours and then on to La Romana 1.5-2 hours and then a guagua or taxi to Bayahibe. The buses are fine, saves a ton of money too.

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
Thanks RV429, appreciate your input.

Maybe I go for a rental car between Santo Domingo and Bayahibe since I probably want to drive around there and explore. We will see.