English Baptist Churches in Santo Domingo

John

Jan 1, 2002
Am interested to find out what English language churches are in Santo Domingo. Will be coming to the Dom Rep for three years at the end of March and am looking for an English language Baptist Church or simliar.
Thanks,
John

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am sure your local pastor can find out the location of a good church for you. Check with the missionary branch of your local church.

Perhaps you can sponsor some of the work that they are doing here...

HB

drbrazeau

Feb 26, 2002
We attended an English Baptist church when we lived there, affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention. It was called
International Baptist Church, located in Santo Domingo, off of Sarasota, if I remember right. If you like, I still have some contacts in Santo Dgo. and I can ask around. God bless. Dr.B

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
Baptist Church

I am an independent Baptist missionary in Santo Domingo. To my knowledge, the International Baptist Church(SBC) is the only Baptist church here to offer a complete English service. It is located near the Embajador Hotel and offers a more contemporary experience. Also, another church may be able to provide English translation. It is called Iglesia Bautista Cristiana and is located on 27 de Febrero and almost on the Corner of Caonabo across from Jaquez' Goodyear. It offers a traditional worship experience and is a great church. A good number of the people can communicate in English and some are quite fluent.

Jdgunter

Oct 23, 2003
International Baptist Church is located on Avenida Sarasota but since they have out grown their present building they are meeting for Sunday services in Los Prados at a school. The Spanish service is in the morning and the English service is in the evening.
The street address in Los Prados is Savinon #1 at the Centro Educativo Los Prados.
The pastor is Miguel Nunez and the office phone is 532-4963.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
We went to this church. It was rockin'! Great worship music, down to earth and forthright message ("Ladies, your clothes are too tight--you're distracting the men of the congregation.") Of course we were in the Spanish service, but quite an international crowd.

At the end of service, a torrential downpour started, so everyone just stayed and sang this very joyful song, filling the church with praise music. We sang until the rain stopped, people were dancing and just enjoying the situation.