Small Plane Charter or Trip

ElBonito

Dec 12, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Can someone recommend a small plane service for a short hop from Las Americanas to El Catey and back (SDQ to AZS to SDQ)? We're just trying to make a hop close to Las Terrenas for a 2 weeks. There are only 2-3 of us arriving late February to early March and all of the online search tools take you away from the local companies.

Thank you SO MUCH in advance for your advice and help.

Sincerely,

Terry

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Not that far a drive if you find the charter too $$$.

Just over an hour then 1/2 hr more to LT.
Very good roads.... all new toll route

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
It takes far less time to drive vs. fly from the time you start to leave your plane in Santo Domingo until the time you arrive at your hotel in LT.

4 people and luggage requires a larger plane that a simple 172.

KITTU

May 13, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Can someone recommend a small plane service for a short hop from Las Americanas to El Catey and back (SDQ to AZS to SDQ)? We're just trying to make a hop close to Las Terrenas for a 2 weeks. There are only 2-3 of us arriving late February to early March and all of the online search tools take you away from the local companies.

Sincerely,

Terry

Please contact Oscar. He has a charter service and helicopters in punta cana.8099838601.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
Hello Everyone,

Sincerely,

Terry

contact Rex Beesley from Cabarete. He is pilot. You can find him on FB and on this discussion board. People are right it might be faster to drive, but if you have the chance to fly...you will enjoy the beauty of the country...it is so nice to fly over DR with a small plane and enjoy the scenery. If you decide to drive, nevertheless take into consideration to get known to the country from the birds perspective.... it has a wow effect :)

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Not that far a drive if you find the charter too $$$.

Just over an hour then 1/2 hr more to LT.
Very good roads.... all new toll route

Sorry, but someone that is unfamiliar with the roads can't make it to LT in an hour and a half. I have done the drive from SDQ to LT many times and it is closer to 2 to 2.5 hours.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
They built a new road since you left Steve, I get to Cabarete in 2.5, L.T. in under 2 from SDQ

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Sorry, but someone that is unfamiliar with the roads can't make it to LT in an hour and a half. I have done the drive from SDQ to LT many times and it is closer to 2 to 2.5 hours.

If you like LT, I'll quote you the tolls.

The main road is one hour to drive, short right turn to AZS and 25 minutes more on the next toll road.

Apologies accepted verbally any 809-123-4567,
in writing c/o Mr Clause, North Pole

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
They built a new road since you left Steve, I get to Cabarete in 2.5, L.T. in under 2 from SDQ

I am very familiar with the SD/Samana highway and the extension from El Catey to LT. I have driven it many times. Possibly if you have driven this you can make it in around 2 hours, I agree. A tourist driving this route would take at least 30-45 minutes more.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
If you like LT, I'll quote you the tolls.

The main road is one hour to drive, short right turn to AZS and 25 minutes more on the next toll road.

Apologies accepted verbally any 809-123-4567,
in writing c/o Mr Clause, North Pole

Sorry, no apology your hour and half is not doable at normal auto speeds. Additionally a tourist not familiar with the drive would take two and half or more hours to complete this and that is who I was answering the question to. Additionally is you are starting from SDQ it is 15-20 minutes before you get to rt 7. Details, Details.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I am very familiar with the SD/Samana highway and the extension from El Catey to LT. I have driven it many times. Possibly if you have driven this you can make it in around 2 hours, I agree. A tourist driving this route would take at least 30-45 minutes more.

Why? Is the speed limit for tourists different?
I get that many DR roads are tough for tourists. Not those two though.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I may have slipped on the 8-9 minutes to get to the toll road and 6-7 more to transfer to the LT toll road.

Still, 2 hours will do for a blind tourist...*
the big road is one hour . Just over 60kms in length*