Roll up bamboo blinds.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Need to know where in the east or Santo Domingo, roll up shade blinds, bamboo or similar, are sold. Have tried various ferreterias at the locations but have come up blank. Looking for 48" widths.

Regards,

PJT

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Have you checked at Venecianas del Caribe in Punta Cana Village? Probably more expensive than Ikea but better quality.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Need to know where in the east or Santo Domingo, roll up shade blinds, bamboo or similar, are sold. Have tried various ferreterias at the locations but have come up blank. Looking for 48" widths.

Regards,

PJT

Try "Canal" on Av. Luperon

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Thank you for those posters who have kindly replied.

Have tried the locations suggested in Santo Domingo with no positive result. Would like to know of some other locations in the big city where the type of blind desired has been seen, bamboo or simulated (furl down and up) can be found.

Regards,

PJT

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
PJT has some blinds bought at Ferreteria Almacenes Unidos some years back. However, the ferreteria says they don't carry them anymore, .....their reponse six months ago. Yet, that is the answer of uninformed employees.

Buying online and the costs associated with door to door delivery are not worth the expense of that method.

PJT will be in SDGO within the next month and will use the time to acquire them, if provided a few good leads.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Regards,
PJT

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
some people should group together in a town, whatever, to consolidate a shipment every 6 months/year.

cheap importing, easy to do.

mudanza wraps, ships and you distribute....
community effort

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
some people should group together in a town, whatever, to consolidate a shipment every 6 months/year.

cheap importing, easy to do.

mudanza wraps, ships and you distribute....
community effort

We've got a bunch of boxes ready to ship to DR, just waiting on some medical tests before booking flights. *We won't ship until we know when we'll be flying. *But someone like me could maybe accept shipments from Amazon or Home Depot or whomever, and ship when ours is picked up. *We've done it before, with the recipient paying the shipping upon delivery.*

I'm not a good person for this because we don't know when we're shipping , but it's a thought for others.*

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That's the idea AE, a group effort.

PJTs 48" blinds are a dime a dozen in the US and Canada. Standard size.
For sure, 3 0-40% less.

But what do I know?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I haven't seen them for several years, but Ferreteria Cuesta in Bella Vista Mall used to sell them.