El Meson de la Cava - where is the parking ground and entrance?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Do I come from Avenida Mirador Sur or Jose Contreras?

In maps it looks like the latter?

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I always go by uber now but used to park out on mirador sur. Never even thought about them having a parking lot. Back in 1999 we did enter through service entrance on contreras as my 82 year old mom could not navigate the narrow circular stairway. There is an elevator now though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Thing is I go by car and prefer to leave it at a parking ground and not parking on the Avenida...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
A restaurant guard looks after your car on the street.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
how is the food there?

I've always felt it was good, not great but good.
I always park out front and never had a problem, as someone mentioned there is a guy out there keeping an eye on the cars.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
how is the food there?
I've had nothing but outstanding food there and stellar service.

It's a go-to place when we have visitors looking for something truly different while in country.

The owner is one of the most eclectic---in a very good way---characters you'd ever want to meet.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
ate there in October and thought the food was excellent as was the service ...and as cobraboy pointed out it is truly different
a bit on the expensive side ...but I would definitely go back
and you can park right outside ...there is a guy to watch the cars

Sep 4, 2012
I've had nothing but outstanding food there and stellar service.

It's a go-to place when we have visitors looking for something truly different while in country.

The owner is one of the most eclectic---in a very good way---characters you'd ever want to meet.

Exactly the outcome expected by design from this place and I share the same view.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
It is definitely one of my go to places when we have out of town guests. Started going there many years ago and have never been disappointed yet.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I'll give you an example of stellar service at the place.

I generally order Pina Coladas for our guests, served in shelled coconuts with the top cut off. Once I asked if the chef could cut out a couple of chunks of fresh coconut meat from one of the coconuts for our guests, and 5 minutes later an entire platter of coconut chunks, with the brown skin removed and artfully arranged on the plate with sliced marischino cherries, was brought to the table. No extra cost.

Big tip followed...

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Never been to this place, just checked out their website now, menu prices look too expensive for this third world ghetto city, why? Any outstanding view? Quality of service? Or what?
Parts of Santo Domingo are hardly a "third world ghetto city."

This restaurant is one of the most unique dining experiences in the hemisphere.

But not much of a view, because you're in a cave...

Sep 4, 2012
Parts of Santo Domingo are hardly a "third world ghetto city."

This restaurant is one of the most unique dining experiences in the hemisphere.

But not much of a view, because you're in a cave...

Sad that some of us do not get to go out and expand the safety ring around us. So many beautiful and yet exquisite places to dine at in Santo Domingo.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Sad that some of us do not get to go out and expand the safety ring around us. So many beautiful and yet exquisite places to dine at in Santo Domingo.
True.

Santo Domingo for us defines "a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there..." You're right: numerous interesting restaurants and places to visit..

Sep 4, 2012
True.

Santo Domingo for us defines "a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there..." You're right: numerous interesting restaurants and places to visit..

Problem is that quality goes hand-to-hand with money and spending. This is he mano-a-mano some of us steer away from.

Guys, Picalongas are fine for a day or two, same holds true for the pica pollos. Get out and spend some quality time and eat nice delicatessen at a good up-scale restaurant for once.