Dominican Hang Over Remedies Available on the NC

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
I recently suffered a terrible hand over after a late night out in Sosua. Took a rapidita - didn't do anything :( Normally at home would take a Advil and hit up McDonalds in this situation but I couldn't even find Advil never mind McDonalds. Any tried tested and true remedy folks - no doubt this will happen to me on this trip again as I have recently taken a liking to Hennessy and that **** is what killed me. Do you think it was the red bull that caused it or is this just normal with Hennest? Anyone know where I can find the brand Advil here? Any traditional Domincan remedies? Hellpppp.

Norberto61

Jun 21, 2015
I recently suffered a terrible hand over after a late night out in Sosua. Took a rapidita - didn't do anything :( Normally at home would take a Advil and hit up McDonalds in this situation but I couldn't even find Advil never mind McDonalds. Any tried tested and true remedy folks - no doubt this will happen to me on this trip again as I have recently taken a liking to Hennessy and that **** is what killed me. Do you think it was the red bull that caused it or is this just normal with Hennest? Anyone know where I can find the brand Advil here? Any traditional Domincan remedies? Hellpppp.

If you put Red Bull in Hennessy you deserve to be sick - 2 days of hangover is what you deserve - drink it neat - I will have pity on you - 1st- get some bacon and eggs and coffee down your neck- 2nd- take a long swim in the ocean and make sure you swallow a fair bit of sea water ( there is a scientific reason for this but since you bought very high end cognac and put pop in it I won't waste the explanation) - 3rd- go to the CP and get 2 minibeers (they re not beer) - 4 th - ice cold coca cola - 5th ask them to make you a Caesar

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I have the perfect cure, but it is not "open board" chat!
The OP sounds like an amateur drinker.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my father always said the best remedy for hangover is to keep drinking the next day, bless him. he goes by the rule of "brewski before breakfast".

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Alcohol is very dehydrating. Always been told drink lots of water if you plan on "over indulging".

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Ask a Dominican to mix you up what they call a bruja. I don't remember all of the ingredients but the bartenders used to make them for me in the morning. It was tomato juice, Tabasco sauce, lime and some other stuff. It will either cure your hangover or make you puke. :knockedou

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
I have the perfect cure, but it is not "open board" chat!
The OP sounds like an amateur drinker.

Op not an ameteur drinker. I invite you out this Saturday to find out. This happened after 4 bottles of Hennessy with Red Bull - worst frikkin hangover EVER!!!

R3cycle

Sep 20, 2013
Dominican methods works only on dominican body, not on gringos. My remedy is: The same night, before going to bed drunk, I take 2 alkaseltzer and 2 advil or tylenol or any drugs with Ibuprofen /
Diclofenac.

It helps a little

Samana_Sanchez

Nov 22, 2014
definitely what Norberto61 suggested going for a swim in the ocean.

I would tend to just chill and float, it helped with the recovery and something easy on the stomach to eat i.e Dominican rice and beans.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Water before drinking to excess, water while drinking and water after drinking. A small bottle of pedalite or gatorade for the electrolytes can help the morning after otherwise a bit of sugar and a little salt in a glass of water. A multivitamin helps some people. The "secret" is the water. Expelling the alcohol from your system requires a lot of water and that is what throws your system out of whack.*

Meet up with a friend who has some acetaminophen/Ibuprofen. I've got lots.*

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
A caldo de polllo at medianoche then keep going.

4 bottles of Hennessy. You're lucky you didn't end up in the hospital.*

B very careful with ibuprofen. I've seen drunks almost die from gastro bleeds. Avoid Tylenol too. *

Alcachofra, I think it's Jerusalem artichoke powder.*

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Excedrin MIGRAINE Works for me. You can order it online from Ebay if you have EPS or a similar service.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Every Hangover is the result of ONE thing usually.. NOT enough Water before bed time ..
Force drink at least a LITER of Water. slowly, you need about half hour before bed to do it ... there is no way you will have a hangover ... you amateurs deserve your hangovers , cuz its that easy to not have one..