Digital Artist, Writers, Art professor.

Grsanchez

Dec 20, 2016
hello! i was wondering what the average salary of middle class Dominicans are, as well as how much would a digital artist, writer, art professor in Dominican Republic make? Also how much would a recent graduate in the Art field be able to pull in assuming they get work in the field.
For example if i wish to hire an experienced digital artist to draw up come comics for me vs an inexperienced one how much would i be spending? in addition same goes for writers and art professors.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
hello! i was wondering what the average salary of middle class Dominicans are, as well as how much would a digital artist, writer, art professor in Dominican Republic make? Also how much would a recent graduate in the Art field be able to pull in assuming they get work in the field.
For example if i wish to hire an experienced digital artist to draw up come comics for me vs an inexperienced one how much would i be spending? in addition same goes for writers and art professors.
Graphic artists in the DR mainly work by the project, and are lucky to make RD$12-15,000 a month tops.

Grsanchez

Dec 20, 2016
Wow that is, unexpected.
i was recently informed that public school teachers are pulling in 40,000-70,000 pesos but i still don't have information on the writers. i am assuming they would be paid on a project basis as well. what is the experience over there? what are average salaries like? i am extremely interested, especially salaries in the creative field.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Wow that is, unexpected.
i was recently informed that public school teachers are pulling in 40,000-70,000 pesos but i still don't have information on the writers. i am assuming they would be paid on a project basis as well. what is the experience over there? what are average salaries like? i am extremely interested, especially salaries in the creative field.

i think you had better consult your sources when they are sober. 70,000 for a public school teacher is high comedy. in this case, you were not informed..you were misinformed

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
High comedy indeed it is. 70,000 RD pesos is closer to a typical annual salary of 120,000 RD here than it is a monthly salary.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I agree with the above comment about it being on project basis (also with gorgon about finding a sober source of information).
I do have an artist for comic work I can refer you to if you like pm me and I'll give you the contact info

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If you can work for EU/US salary via the Internet, then you can do well here. If you are looking to do work locally, please reconsider.

Grsanchez

Dec 20, 2016
wow wait, we are talking on a monthly rate right?
and well i am not looking for the work myself, i was looking to hire myself some artists, writers and teachers so i was going to look at salaries. I had seen that article before which is where i got my initial prices from before i was informed of the 70,000 a month. i appreciate all the help guys currently just looking for information so keep it coming :)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
wow wait, we are talking on a monthly rate right?
and well i am not looking for the work myself, i was looking to hire myself some artists, writers and teachers so i was going to look at salaries. I had seen that article before which is where i got my initial prices from before i was informed of the 70,000 a month. i appreciate all the help guys currently just looking for information so keep it coming :)
I assume you ARE planning of having these subcontractors work in your presence, and you have legally registered your corporation in the DR with intent to pay all taxes and labor costs, right?

Grsanchez

Dec 20, 2016
haha yes of course! there is no worst thief than the government so i rather stay on their good side. Also yes the work has to be in my presence how else am i going to approve or control the direction? i am soon moving there :)