Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does a Dominican need a Visa to travel to Colombia?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

While google is "your friend" sometimes you would rather try for an answer from someone who has first hand knowledge. Someone who has actually done it, bought it, saw it, experienced it, etc....

Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joselowe View Post
    Does anyone know if a Dominican with only a Dominican passport needs a visa to go to Colombia for a week?

Or is there any paperwork required other than proof of a return ticket?
    I am not sure if Columbia requires it but some countries like to see that you have enough money to fund your stay as well as a return ticket - so cash, or a credit card. This was the case when we travelled to England (mind you was 14 years ago) and even though my Dominican husband had a visa, he also needed US$1,000 in cash, and the same when we went to Panama (again with a visa) a couple of years later. Just a warning.

Matilda

3. Likes joselowe liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    I am not sure if Columbia requires it but some countries like to see that you have enough money to fund your stay as well as a return ticket - so cash, or a credit card. This was the case when we travelled to England (mind you was 14 years ago) and even though my Dominican husband had a visa, he also needed US$1,000 in cash, and the same when we went to Panama (again with a visa) a couple of years later. Just a warning.

Matilda

Thank you. Would this likely take place in SDQ or immigration in the other country? Me and my friend will be flying on the same connection flight to Colombia so i could help out and show proof that I'll be sponsoring once in Colombia*

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joselowe View Post
    Thank you. Would this likely take place in SDQ or immigration in the other country? Me and my friend will be flying on the same connection flight to Colombia so i could help out and show proof that I'll be sponsoring once in Colombia*

Anything like that is always done at the arriving country.

6. Likes joselowe liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rv429 View Post
    your point is well made sanpedrogringo.
    Mod in question was given a nickname a long while back, buster blowhard. But it's christmas, peace on earth....
    yes ...........a little quick on the draw...............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12