Does a Dominican need a Visa to travel to Colombia?

joselowe

May 5, 2015
Does anyone know if a Dominican with only a Dominican passport needs a visa to go to Colombia for a week?

Or is there any paperwork required other than proof of a return ticket?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
no requirement for anything other than a return ticket. I was in Bogota with a group of Dominicans traving to six different countries in South America and they didn't require Visas for Columbia, neither did the two Dominican Americans, but I did as a Canadian , but it was a pay at the airport Visa .

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Do you not know how or are you just too lazy to type the following words into a google search?

visa requirements dominican columbia

You could also have gone here to answer your own question.

https://colombia.visahq.com/requirements/Dominican_Republic/

You're welcome. Glad to be of service.

<teach a man to fish...>
Ya know, this is one example of the type of crap that I have witnessed taking place on DR1 over the last several years, that is undermining what was once a very useful source for info, and which deviates from everything the site was built for. The OP had a question. He deserved an intelligent, correct answer. Not insults lobbed his way by a MODERATOR, of all people. Give me a break. Yes, it is 2016, but some people choose to still network with people and converse instead of being brain dead robots. Example: I had a friend ask me to meet him the other day for a few beers. He had a few questions that he needed answers to. We met at a hotel pool bar, had a few drinks together, and he asked me his questions on some things, and we spent a few hours BEING PEOPLE, NOT MACHINES! Yes, I guess he too could have just googled his answers, but it would have eliminated the human element, a nice day out, a few cold ones, business for the bar, and a tip to the bartender before Christmas.
As I have stated in previous threads, I am fairly new to posting here, but I am not new to reading, or utilizing the site. Although I just started posting a few months ago, I have been an active reader of this site since my arrival in 2006. DR1 was always a go to spot for information. Intelligent and correct information. Over the last 3-5 years, I have seen a turn take place. A bad turn. A negative turn. Sometimes it seems like the site has been hijacked by group of 5-6 bitter people, who would rather sit around and pooh-pooh and criticize everybody who has a different opinion. I would like to see the site return to it's former position as a top notch source for intelligent, correct information.......without the bs, snide comments, or keyboard muscles. Some mods are quick to enter conversations and threaten to suspend posting rights. Do the same rules apply to them? I believe the OP deserves an apology from the so called MODERATOR.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Your point is well made SanPedroGringo.
Mod in question was given a nickname a long while back, Buster Blowhard. But it's Christmas, peace on earth....

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
While google is "your friend" sometimes you would rather try for an answer from someone who has first hand knowledge. Someone who has actually done it, bought it, saw it, experienced it, etc....

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Does anyone know if a Dominican with only a Dominican passport needs a visa to go to Colombia for a week?

Or is there any paperwork required other than proof of a return ticket?

I am not sure if Columbia requires it but some countries like to see that you have enough money to fund your stay as well as a return ticket - so cash, or a credit card. This was the case when we travelled to England (mind you was 14 years ago) and even though my Dominican husband had a visa, he also needed US$1,000 in cash, and the same when we went to Panama (again with a visa) a couple of years later. Just a warning.

Matilda

joselowe

May 5, 2015
I am not sure if Columbia requires it but some countries like to see that you have enough money to fund your stay as well as a return ticket - so cash, or a credit card. This was the case when we travelled to England (mind you was 14 years ago) and even though my Dominican husband had a visa, he also needed US$1,000 in cash, and the same when we went to Panama (again with a visa) a couple of years later. Just a warning.

Matilda

Thank you. Would this likely take place in SDQ or immigration in the other country? Me and my friend will be flying on the same connection flight to Colombia so i could help out and show proof that I'll be sponsoring once in Colombia*

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Thank you. Would this likely take place in SDQ or immigration in the other country? Me and my friend will be flying on the same connection flight to Colombia so i could help out and show proof that I'll be sponsoring once in Colombia*

Anything like that is always done at the arriving country.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
your point is well made sanpedrogringo.
Mod in question was given a nickname a long while back, buster blowhard. But it's christmas, peace on earth....

yes ...........a little quick on the draw...............