Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mugged, but unharmed.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mugged, but unharmed.

6:30AM~still dark. Two guys on a moto. They were mugging a commuter woman on a motoconcho across the street who was screaming for help. They had just let her go and I went out to help, thinking they were making their getaway. But when they saw me, they stopped their bike and went for me too. One guy took a couple jabs at my face with a military knife with his left hand then he grabbed my cell with right and took off on the moto with the other guy. The woman and motoconcho guy took off, hopefully uninjured. All this took place in about 30 seconds.

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

no good things happen before 8 am. just sayin', ya know. it's better to sleep in.
    North Coast Moderator

3. Likes jruane44 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Where did this happen?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Villa Cerro, Higüey. I got a bad case of "I told you so" from mi esposa. I think the bad guys were from somewhere else.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterInBrat View Post
    Villa Cerro, Higüey. I got a bad case of "I told you so" from mi esposa. I think the bad guys were from somewhere else.
    here is a bad case of i told you so from one who is not your esposa....don´t be a hero. you were probably unarmed. chivalry is good. health is better.

7. Likes KateP liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Too bad. You cant be helpful here.....lamentablemente

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are ok Peter.
    This Gov. / Justice system? needs to deal harshly with any/all violent crimes.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know what was happening~a woman screaming in the dark surrounded by three guys.. All happened very fast.

I thought they were taking off. Double dipping... how crass..

Last edited by PeterInBrat; 12-26-2016 at 09:40 AM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

6:30AM~still dark. Two guys on a moto.
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    no good things happen before 8 am.
    We have always had a very strict rule in our house, set by my wife (no, she's not joking about it), that nobody is even allowed to open the main door before sunrise, yet alone leave the house, unless there is a vehicle waiting right in front of the house and there is an additional person checking the surroundings while you get in to the car.

Not sure why, we've been on the road really late at night (way past 12am) on many occasions, and while we try to get quickly home and check our surroundings carefully of course, I have always felt much less secure when we have had to leave the house between 5am and 6am in the morning... The early morning hours (3am-6am) creep me out in the DR...

I'm glad the OP is fine, hoping that you won't participate to things like that in the future...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know what was happening~a woman screaming in the dark surrounded by three guys.. All happened very fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by sddr View Post
    It's not worth it to step in if Dominicans rob Dominicans. Just let them do that. It's also not a good idea to offer any help here, even if you see that someone is dying after the traffic accident, just continue going your way and don't pay attention to that.
    I have to agree with sddr. It's unfortunate, and against how I was raised, but so are things like this in the DR.

IMO, it doesn't matter if you know or do not know what is going on, I doubt there is much that you can resolve... The best you can do is let someone know about it, but knowing what the street life can be like in the DR, I cannot think of any good reason to interfere to any incident as an expat...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast