Residency expiration - delay

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Hi everyone, my residency expires 29the of decembre which is in a few days
Must I renovate before expiration or can I wait until beginning of january which would be more convenient for me...

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
They're probably not even working. Either way, you have to start the process online so I would get working on that meanwhile. At worst you'll pay a small amount for being late 1 month.

Sent from my SM-G800M using Tapatalk

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
You need to get a Certificaci?n De No Antecedentes Penales

First you pay the 600 peso tax and they give you a receipt. Your cedula number and phone number is on the receipt.

Then you go online to the Certificados Online section of the Procuradaria General de la Republica here:

https://servicios.pgr.gob.do/servicios_en_linea/inicio/procesar

Enter the Referencia number in the space provided and up will pop the data associated with your cedula.

Verify it and approve it if it's correct and the certificate appears instantly on the web page. Download the .pdf file and save it.

Your cedula expires on the day your residency expires (at least mine does). If you wait to do that after your residency expires you could be in the position that you cannot get the certificate.

Why risk it?

I'm putting together the other items required which are:

? Residency Card

? Cedula

? Passport that must have been valid for at least 18 months.

? 2 2x2 photographs facial front on a white background, without jewelry or accessories and ears uncovered (check on the ears. I got a haircut a few days ago) I will get the photos taken today.

By putting together I mean that I am taking photos of all of those items with my smart phone. In the case of the US passport that is the page with my photo and all the relevant data.

I will then go online to the DGM page here:

https://personal.migracion.gob.do/

Click on PERMANENCIA PARA EXTRANJEROS

To the right of RESIDENCIA, RENOVACION I will click on the icon with the red arrow to the right of SOLICITUD DE RENOVACI?N DE RESIDENCIA PERMANENTE

That brings me to a page where there is an APLICAR (apply) button. Clicking on that button brings me to a page where I create an account. That will bring to a page where I will fill out the form upload the photos of the required documents.

After that is done I can check the status online by going into my account. Mr residency expires next week so I will print out the status page and carry it around with me in case the process lasts beyond the expration.

My opinion is this:

If you wait to start the process until after the expiration you risk losing your residency and may have to start all over again which is not as simple as it used to be.

Government is a big dumb ox that grinds along according to its own rules.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
to start with, the residency renewal can start 45 days before expiry date (temporary) or 30 days before (permanent). since you need to start online you can do it even today, it takes few working days before the application is approved. not that the government offices are working right now. but starting today is the best idea. remember that renewing the residency (and cedula) past the expiry date comes with a fine.

after the application is approved you can go to SD, submit the paperwork and pay at DGM. if you are renewing temporary residency, you get the card the same day. if you are renewing permanent residency you need a medical and it takes few weeks to process the paperwork/results.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
You need to get a Certificaci?n De No Antecedentes Penales

First you pay the 600 peso tax and they give you a receipt. Your cedula number and phone number is on the receipt.

You pay the tax at BanReservas.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I've submitted everything online and it's pending.

Is it necessary to legalize the print out of the Certificaci?n De No Antecedentes Penales for hard copy submission at the end of the process?

If so where do you get it legalized?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I remember seeing a letter model here on dr1. Can any1 help find it ? Carta de solicitud i think its called.
Thanks in advance.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
you don't need any letter anymore, i think.
the requisites are here:
https://www.migracion.gob.do/Menu/SubList/30

any guarantees has been now replaced with this insurance policy thingy.

I had understood the same.
But when you get to the "upload" page, it has a carta de solicitud line. And has an asterix, which means obligatory.

Mind you it also says to legalizar o appstillar the certificado de bueno conducto, which cannot be done..... so i guess anything is possible.*
Thanks.