Car Rental

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
We are visiting in June. *How much will a rental car cost for 2 Weeks?

That question, as you ask it, is impossible to answer. Where are you renting the vehicle? What size/type vehicle do you want? How much insurance are you getting? Don't know where you are flying in from but you can go on-line and get a quote from rental agencies doing business in the DR. The price they quote you on-line often does not include, insurance and taxes which are expensive in the DR.

Alexandradebrian

Jun 8, 2013
That question, as you ask it, is impossible to answer. Where are you renting the vehicle? What size/type vehicle do you want? How much insurance are you getting? Don't know where you are flying in from but you can go on-line and get a quote from rental agencies doing business in the DR. The price they quote you on-line often does not include, insurance and taxes which are expensive in the DR.

*If it is impossible for you, you have no knowledge or experience of renting. So why get involved?

*Why is this so difficult?

*We will be in Santo Domingo

*Give us some examples of different sizes.

*Of course we want insurance.

*Where we are flying in from is irrelevant.

*Is it cheaper if I am Chinese or from The North Pole?

*Of course we want a net price - everything all included.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
*If it is impossible for you, you have no knowledge or experience of renting. So why get involved?

with that kind of attitude ...I would suggest you do your own work ......screw you

danytravel

Sep 14, 2010

Usually,especially when somebody is asking an information, a little courtesy is suggested..

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016

Be careful, because I can guarantee that what ever price they quote you on the internet will not be valid when you arrive. ANd even if they quote you a price and you buy he full coverage when you are at their desk they are still likely to invent a scrape on te car that just didn't happen to be covered in their full coverage. But Send a Private message to Garyexpat here on the forum and he can tell you particulars. He spent years in the business even in the DR.
Der Fish

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
with that kind of attitude ...I would suggest you do your own work ......screw you

you have to love these guys. he asks a question that cannot be answered without further information, then gets upset when people try to help. DR1 seems to attract some real asshats.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
We are visiting in June. *How much will a rental car cost for 2 Weeks?

this guy Willy will rent you a Kia Rio for 1000 pesos per day, or a Porsche Cayenne for 3500 per. so, it will be somewhere between 14,000 and *49,000 for 2 weeks. hope that helps.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
What I don't understand is that anyone with half a brain can just go on-line and find the information and make a reservation for a car rental in the DR. It sounds as if this bozo has no clue and can't figure out there might be a difference for a compact car, full size or SUV? Also pricies vary among different rental car companies. He will not be happy when he goes to pick up his car and is forced to pay for optional insurance, which isn't optional in the DR. Good luck Chuck, you'll need it.

Alexandradebrian

Jun 8, 2013
What I don't understand is that anyone with half a brain can just go on-line and find the information and make a reservation for a car rental in the DR. It sounds as if this bozo has no clue and can't figure out there might be a difference for a compact car, full size or SUV? Also pricies vary among different rental car companies. He will not be happy when he goes to pick up his car and is forced to pay for optional insurance, which isn't optional in the DR. Good luck Chuck, you'll need it.

What I don't understand is that anyone with half a brain does not have a spell checker or at least check before pressing the submit button.

Quote: ( Also pricies vary among different rental car companies.)

It seems nothing has changed on this forum. Many Bozos commenting without giving the information requested. Obviously too much time on their hands. More than ten posts and only 2 worth reading.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
What I don't understand is that anyone with half a brain does not have a spell checker or at least check before pressing the submit button.

Quote: ( Also pricies vary among different rental car companies.)

It seems nothing has changed on this forum. Many Bozos commenting without giving the information requested. Obviously too much time on their hands. More than ten posts and only 2 worth reading.

My friend, you could have found the information you needed by simply going on-line and doing a search. Instead, you asked for help with very few details. I asked a few simple questions. I normally like to help people and give information and some direction. Instead you chose to be antagonistic. Good luck with that attitide coming to visit the DR.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
At Avis for 1 week for an Intermediate size car it is approx $606.00. This includes full insurance and the $3.00 per day charge if there will be another person also driving the car.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
First of all find out if your credit card covers the CDW. If it does that will save you $20 a day. Always get the supplemental third party insurance. $13 a day and it covers you if you hit a Dominican. If you dont have it be prepared to stay for a long time until all financial issues are resolved. Kia Picanto sub compact. $30 a day includes everything except CDW. Larger 4 door to accommodate four people comfortably $50 a day. Budget Car Rental prices and you can book on line and you get the price you booked on line.. Always rent from major company, Budget, National, Hertz. If you encounter problems they can help you 24 hours a day and their cars are in good shape. All of this based on 8 years of experience renting cars in the DR. Enjoy your stay in the DR. Driving in the DR is very dangerous. Traffic lights and stop signs, and rules of the road are not respected. Stay alert and try not to drive after dark, especially in remote areas.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
alex ...don't mind ecoman
the best time to drive in the d.r. is night time ...traffic lights are every easy to understand ...same as any other country ....stop on red and breeze on through with the green...you will have no problems ...if you get stopped by the police ...demand your rights and tell him your a tourist travelling throughout their wonderfull country and have no intention of feeding his family or sending his kids to college ...then shout bugger off and give him the finger as you pull away ...and keep on demanding things ...don't ever try to have manners ...on behalf of the tourist board we hope you have a wonderfull time and return regularly to the island ...the d.r. needs more people like you