Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Car Rental

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by irishpaddy View Post
    alex ...don't mind ecoman
    the best time to drive in the d.r. is night time ...traffic lights are every easy to understand ...same as any other country ....stop on red and breeze on through with the green...you will have no problems ...if you get stopped by the police ...demand your rights and tell him your a tourist travelling throughout their wonderfull country and have no intention of feeding his family or sending his kids to college ...then shout bugger off and give him the finger as you pull away ...and keep on demanding things ...don't ever try to have manners ...on behalf of the tourist board we hope you have a wonderfull time and return regularly to the island ...the d.r. needs more people like you

Got a good chuckle out of this one. Just got back from Luperon. Still major unrepaired washouts along the way from POP. Left Sunday morning so it was fairly quiet drive.*

2. Likes irishpaddy liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    Be careful, because I can guarantee that what ever price they quote you on the internet will not be valid when you arrive. ANd even if they quote you a price and you buy he full coverage when you are at their desk they are still likely to invent a scrape on te car that just didn't happen to be covered in their full coverage. But Send a Private message to Garyexpat here on the forum and he can tell you particulars. He spent years in the business even in the DR.
    Der Fish
    Thanks for you confidence Derfish but with her arrogance I would be inclined to book her a car in North Korea. Does she also want someone on DR1 to make restaurant reservations?
    My guess is that this person never travels.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Even at $13 a day for Supplemental third party insurance, I suggest that you do not hit a Dominican. A rock wall, utility pole or the ditch will be a lots less painful.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123