Uber from Santiago airport to Puerto Plata?

A guy who works for Uber who is trying to get Uber in Pop just stayed at our hotel. Yesterday he told me the price, wish i had a good memory but it was super cheap like $60 or something. I was quite surprised at how cheap it was. Seems to be working quite well in this Country, from what he said anyways.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

3 AM? That is if your flight is on time. Spriit does not have a great track record. It will probably take you 30-45 minutes to get your luggage and go through customs and immigration. You may need to use someone at the airport who does long distance transport. You can go on-line and find a number of companies that will transport you from STI to POP.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
When a few months ago I wanted Uber at 3-4am to get from Santiago to the airport, there were no cars available at all, so I had to order a regular taxi instead. I think you'd be lucky to get a Uber pickup that late at night.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
Why not just take the bus from Santiago to POP?
*I believe the first bus leaves the Caribe Tours bus terminal at 5:00am.
Taxi from the Santiago airport to the bus station: 500 pesos. Bus ticket Santiago to Puerta Plata: 180 pesos.
Total cost: less than 700 pesos (around $15 US).
Enjoy your trip.*

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Why not just take the bus from Santiago to POP?
*I believe the first bus leaves the Caribe Tours bus terminal at 5:00am.
Taxi from the Santiago airport to the bus station: 500 pesos. Bus ticket Santiago to Puerta Plata: 180 pesos.
Total cost: less than 700 pesos (around $15 US).
Enjoy your trip.*

THe last time i arrove at STI at 3:00 AM there was no Caribe Tours bus until 7:00 am. SO I had a taxi take me to a cabana near the airport and slept for 4 hours and then taxi to Caribe Tours and then the 180 pesos on to Puerto Plata. I had left my car with my lady friend, but she couldn't find anyone who knew how to drive. If i were stll there I would offer to drive you, but since i am in Hot Springs Arkansas at present, where it snew last night I cannot even offer.

Der Fish

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Uber not allowed into the airport by the Taxi mafia?

Taxi drivers union!

JJ
wind14.gif

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
For late pick up at STI I will better hire someone who lives in Santiago instead of Puerto Plata just in case of flight delay or cancellation...

JJ