Liquor Depot in Bavaro

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
The new Liquor Depot is open in Bavaro. Went today and the items I bought are better priced than any of the super markets and local wholesalers. As an example Grande Presidente $85 rd. 1750ml bottle of Barcelo Grand Aneo $725 rd. 700 ml bottle of Lawsons Scotch $460 rd. Other items like soft drinks and wine seemed reasonable as well. The place is hugh and well stocked.
They have a few issues with the tills but just new opening pains.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It is on the main hwy just past the S.Juan Mall light on your right heading towards Fruisa.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Located on the "main hwy", right location to tease the driving consumers to stop in. Wonder, if they have a drive through ?

Just another indirect threat, putting the driving public at risk from drivers with alcohol addicition. Note: the location of the store is quite a distance away from any residential area. not walking friendly in the sun. You get there on wheels, impaired or sober.

Time to get of the soapbox.

Salud and heaven help us.

PJT

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Yeah, that location won't have people cutting over 2+ lanes of traffic on the way from the airport. Especially the ones that almost timed the light and cruised through on the red anyway.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Stopped in today. Totally agree with the OP. Easily best prices in the area, and largest selection by far.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
do they sell wine as well? if so, how were the prices and selection?

Very good selection of both red and white. Not much on the low end but a lot of mid range stuff. From what I looked at they had good selections from a lot of different wine regions as well.*

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
They even sell olives, juice, liquor glassware, ice buckets, etc. A very good place to shop for liquors and accessories.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Stopped in today for the first time. I am impressed. They even carry Rumchata, which I've had problems finding here until Jumbo opened. They're going to have to do something about the guy literally scrutinizing every line on the receipt; hopefully he'll move faster with time (hah!) or they'll do like Costco in the US and skim it.

Ron Anjero

Aug 8, 2013
I also stopped in today, Great store, great idea, prices are " cash and carry" so a bit better than most other places. Took me a while but was able to locate an excellent buy on wine. Mi esposa es feliz! If you dealt with Adrian in the past and are frustrated with the replacement - move on! I spoke with the manager and he requested that I let him know my particular preferences and he will see about stocking it. I was lucky, the guy that scans the receipts was the one loading the 6 cases of wine on my cart and pushing them through the checkout. Give them a chance! It's a good addition to Bavaro.