Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Howdy

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sanpedrogringo View Post
    Why does he need his residency if he follows current DR immigration law?
    They could just say ____it and not bother with residency, but I think most people who are planning retirement in the DR have applying for residency as part of the plan. Ignorance is bliss but not an excuse.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome. It's a diverse country with many positive and negative aspects. My best advice would be too not dive in the deep end immediately and purchase property. Come down, rent in a few different areas and wade in the waters. A pragmatic approach will save you a lot of grief over the long term. The posters here are a diverse group, full time expats, winter snowbirds like me, and people who have come and gone. All have good advice. Especially when it's about staying safe here. Good luck.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snowmane72 View Post
    I've been reading these forums ever since the wife and I decided to evaluate the DR as a possible retirement destination. I figured I may as well take the plunge and register. There's a lot of interesting information here and I hope that by participating I can get a better idea of what the "real" Dominican Republic is like.
    alot of the posters here seem to be quite bitter

keep that in mind and welcome

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123