CDN Reporter Robbed In Santiago

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
The communicator, who works for NCDN and El Caribe, expressed outrage at the insecurity that prevails in the streets of the city of Santiago when neither the members of the press are exempt from the actions of the antisocial.
When more of these people who think they?re "exempt" become victims, perhaps more will be done to help stop robberies of the "non-exempt" ones.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I gotta a problem with people who think they are exempt from violence because of their profession. It's a myth. Doesn't matter if your walking the streets of Santiago or reporting in Afghanistan. Wearing a press sign on your bullet proof vest is no guarantee some ahole isn't going to put a bullet in your brain. If it was true, we'ed all be wearing some kind of banner or sign that exempted us from violence in foreign countries. Policeman are protected with vests and guns and they are subject to as much violence as anyone else. In Mexico, the cartels are killing priests that interfere with their business. That pretty much says it all. What you wear and who you are doesn't matter in today's world.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i don't even understand why would he say something like that. attacks of any kind on media members in DR are frequent occurrence. maybe he's not that good of a journalist if he's not aware of that fact...

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
I guess his ego got bruised that's why he said what he said. Muggings here have no exemptions.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Pretty scary. I was at that intersection just two days ago. It's a pretty nice and busy area for such a brazen daytime attack.