Billiards/Pool

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
Does anyone know where I can play? Better yet competitively? I have this addiction to pool and I cant find anywhere to play it here. If worse comes to worse I will just build my own pool hall.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Probably not much help but there is a pool hall on el conde about three or four blocks up from Pacos on the second floor. I don't think it will be what you are looking for but if you ask around someone may be able to tell you where to find a better spot. The tables are OK, well at least the cloth isn't ripped. LOL

If you find a spot please post back. I enjoy watching a high level competitive game of pool.

There is also Pasteur 8 on calle Pasteur. Chopo joint with bar size tables but once again someone who plays the game maybe able to help.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Here in San Pedro, there are several, but they are VERY seedy at best, and don't exactly cater to "Fast" Eddie Felson or Minnesota Fats. Some Banca Deportivas have them, but these places usually range from VERY seedy as well to one notch down as PLAIN seedy. Not recommended for a foreigner without a local Dominican or personal armed security familiar to the surroundings. Even then, you'd want to be very careful about how competitive you want to be, as Billiards/Pool is very competitive to begin with. Here, competitive means money. And when there is money involved......

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
Probably not much help but there is a pool hall on el conde about three or four blocks up from Pacos on the second floor. I don't think it will be what you are looking for but if you ask around someone may be able to tell you where to find a better spot. The tables are OK, well at least the cloth isn't ripped. LOL

If you find a spot please post back. I enjoy watching a high level competitive game of pool.

There is also Pasteur 8 on calle Pasteur. Chopo joint with bar size tables but once again someone who plays the game maybe able to help.

Thanks a lot. Im going to try to find these places right now. At least I can get the rust off until I find a better option.

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
Here in San Pedro, there are several, but they are VERY seedy at best, and don't exactly cater to "Fast" Eddie Felson or Minnesota Fats. Some Banca Deportivas have them, but these places usually range from VERY seedy as well to one notch down as PLAIN seedy. Not recommended for a foreigner without a local Dominican or personal armed security familiar to the surroundings. Even then, you'd want to be very careful about how competitive you want to be, as Billiards/Pool is very competitive to begin with. Here, competitive means money. And when there is money involved......

Competitive means the same thing all over the world. I was basically raised in a shaddy pool hall in nyc. I understand. Thanks for the help.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
BB, don't you have something better to do? Good funny for Funny Friday.

hahahahahahaha

I guess I can upload some songs.

Wait, been doing that as well.

Taxes, hmmmm W-2's are not out yet.

Oh well.

Carry on!!!!

sorry Wud.........

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
back to the OP, as a real longshot try stopping by Sebelan Bowling Center on Lincoln just above 27. This is a bowling alley with competitive leagues and possibly someone can help you find a good pool hall with Brunswick slate top tables.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004

Damn is that still open? thought closed a long time ago.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
There's a bar with a couple of tables upstairs in Plaza Luperon, near the food court.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
There is a colmado behind Utesa on Gomez (close to you). Above the colmado there is / was a pool hall. I used to live a few blocks from there but left the capitol.
There is also a place on Gomez just north of 27 Feb. It is that open air bar/club that has live Tipico on Sunday's. There is a building in the back with pool tables.