Missing toilet seats

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
I always wonder why so many public places lose their toilet seats over & over again.Now I know why....

May 29, 2006
They get stolen and tend to break bc they are very low quality, The seat on the newly installed toilet in our apt is falling apart after just a few months. The caps under the seat are falling off and the hinge is going. Some Chinese brand.

vida

Mar 18, 2010
It sometimes seems to be a mystery. Unidos on Sarasota in Santo Domingo is a new modern building taking up a whole block. I am sure it cost millions of dollars. They have never had toilet seats in their public bathrooms.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
Good thing they don't have bidets here as they would be used for drinking fountains after they pee in the sink

shunch

Nov 21, 2012
We just put a new toilet in. 3 days later it was broken! No one is over weight either. Went and got one that is suppose to be better quality but doesn't look like it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I know one thing: When they do have a seat, it's covered with urine.

I'm always amazed by the number of men who unbuckle their belt and pants to take a leak. Same way mommy showed them when they were little boys.

In a close second place are the folks who use 10 ft of TP to wipe their behind. One person fills the trash can with one dump.

May 29, 2006
The Chinese brand in our apt has a small tank and the fill mechanism leaks. Can't replace it bc a standard fill device won't fit and it drains out the tinaco if we want to do laundry as well. Brand new toilet needs to be bucket flushed. The neighbor's
new toilet has the same problem. Don't buy Chinese...