Hotel Alisei, Cuando?

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Someone who's been around Las Terrenas for a while please help me with this.

How long has Alisei been there? I don't recall it in 2004. I wasn't in LT in 2005. Can't remember if . . . in 2006. It was there, I'm sure, in 2007.

When did it happen?

wbr

Last edited:

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Someone who's been around Las Terrenas for a while please help me with this.

How long has Alisei been there? I don't recall it in 2004. I wasn't in LT in 2005. Can't remember if . . . in 2006. It was there, I'm sure, in 2007.

When did it happen?

wbr

Boy you must not have been in LT for a while. There have been so many hotels and apartments built since then. That was thirteen years ago. There has been a lot of development since then. Back in 2004 there was not a lot of development along the beach road heading down towards Playa Las Ballenas. If you havn't been to the DR since then you probably won't recognize that sleepy fishing village it once was.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Boy you must not have been in LT for a while. There have been so many hotels and apartments built since then. That was thirteen years ago. There has been a lot of development since then. Back in 2004 there was not a lot of development along the beach road heading down towards Playa Las Ballenas. If you havn't been to the DR since then you probably won't recognize that sleepy fishing village it once was.

As I said in the post, I was last in LT in 2007. Yep I understand there have been many changes. I'm sure not all are for the good but that's life.

Thanks Abuela. I never thought to look on Trip Advisor--checked the hotel's own website and couldn't find a start date. The year 2006 makes sense now. We walked down that way and saw much construction activity.

wbr