german man kidnapped in sosua

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
german man living in sosua was kidnapped, along with his wife, by three armed men. the wife was let go in imbert and reported to the police. she claims it's about alleged debt or settling the scores.

http://notiplata.com/secuestran-ciudadano-aleman-sosua-puerto-plata/
http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2017/01/14/raptan-una-pareja-esposos-sosua
http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...n-extranjero-y-su-esposa-dominicana-KA5992149

Don't know him but sure hope he is returned. Something seems strange, why would his wife not know some more information about who it is connected to their debts, this unless he was doing something he was hiding from her like gambling, loans or he racked up a lot of debts and don't know which person sent thugs to take them.
Does anyone on this forum know the couple ?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Does seem like the bad guys are getting boulder. The police need to crack some heads, or the crack heads will win.

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
So the wife alluded to some understanding of why they were kidnapped.
Presumably she guessed that, or the crim told her in the 'getaway' car.
Why would criminals tell her 'why' they took him and then release her???. The first thing the police will ask is;what did they say to you? why do you think he was taken and by whom?...oh its about gambling, who did he borrow from etc" That would narrow the search down to 10 people that loan out money. Then you round up all the thugs working for the kingpins and ID them.
The crim's have to suspect that he tells his wife everything.
Why release her, why take her in the first place?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
So the wife alluded to some understanding of why they were kidnapped.
Presumably she guessed that, or the crim told her in the 'getaway' car.
Why would criminals tell her 'why' they took him and then release her???. The first thing the police will ask is;what did they say to you? why do you think he was taken and by whom?...oh its about gambling, who did he borrow from etc" That would narrow the search down to 10 people that loan out money. Then you round up all the thugs working for the kingpins and ID them.
The crim's have to suspect that he tells his wife everything.
Why release her, why take her in the first place?

the moving parts of this mystery might revolve around the nationality of the wife of this German.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
My first thoughts as well. Look into her "cousins/primos".

Most people cant grasp this concept though... Your Novia, or Esposa may be a GOOD GIRL and the best person in the world.. but her Primos, uncles, who knows who ... can get very Jealous , and it can get dangerous sometimes , real fast . One does not even have to be Flashy to peak their interest . Just the fact that they know you got more than they ever will, is enough sometimes to cause them to ACT .

OR it could be that he just kept his gambling or other Vices from her, and she was totally not part of His problem, so they let her know it was not about her, but about HIM ..

however If Kidnappings become more common, the DR will be off limits very soon for a lot of people ( like Colombia was years ago, and is becoming again) .. Being Robbed at gunpoint is bad enough.. Kidnapping ,is a whole new Level most travelers will NOT Tolerate .

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Somethin' looks more fishy now

absolutely, sanpedro. i might take flak for this, but if this guy?s wife was named Brunhilda, i would be breathing easier right now.

I would think if it was her she would have had him kidnapped, then reported it a few hours later, only to have his body discovered elsewhere, unless this was a crime of passion. Maybe this was the reason it looked like someone tried to clean it up at first.
The report in Detras Del Rumor says the amount of blood indicates he's likely dead and yet the PN has also recovered a blood covered motorcycle and a pistol - What you talkin' bout Willis, where's the perps associated with these items ? And the police contaminated the scene - as it always the case by "CSI DR". Something smells like peces podridos en Dinamarca.

http://detrasdelrumor.com.do/en-sosua-desaparicion-de-residente-aleman-rapto-secuestro-o-asesinato/

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
An absolutely gruesome crime scene. Leaves me with many questions. Maybe some "northerners" can shed light on the situation?
1. Did the "wife" have any injuries?
2. What is the reaction of the German ex-pat community there?
3. Neighbors didn't hear a thing?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Just looked at the Crime Scene Photos.. not to be more graphic than it already is , but the loss of bowl control would seem to indicate that this man is probably deceased . .. and if that is the case , it would make the kidnapping a coverup story.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
You people watch way too much alphabet shows and think you are all experts. You believe all the news as if it is the truth.

I looked and must have missed it. Is the wife German or ?

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
You people watch way too much alphabet shows and think you are all experts. You believe all the news as if it is the truth.

I looked and must have missed it. Is the wife German or ?
For the record sir/mam, I was a member of an alphabet organization (actually 2) in my previous life, before I retired to the Dominican Republic. I don't know if this qualifies in your book/view as being an expert, but in many courtroom trials it did. Real life experiences, not the boob tube, although I am a fan of thriller and espionage novels. Thank you.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i'm not an expert but it's a lot of blood. and i doubt he got first aid before being whisked away. does not look great for the german guy.