Santo Domingo Trip Help

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Looking for casual, reasonable lunch place near Metro bus. Hoping for burger, steak, Mexican, Chinese, etc.
break from Dominican.
Breakfast and lunch place near Hotel Intercontinental or USA Embassy.*
From google seems it's a 7 minute walk from Metro bus station to Hotel Intercontinental.
Is it safe to walk or just do cab?
How early to take cab from Hotel Intercontinental to be at Embassy at 8:45?
Any hotels near Ikea?
Does Bara Payan do bacon or just ham?
Do they do eggs for breakfast or just sandwiches? Is it an institution we should try?

Thanks

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
That area is very safe and there is a ton of food options and shopping malls in that area. You shouldnt have any problems. Traffic here is bad so give yourself at least an hour to get to the embassy. I prefer uber as it is cheap, safe and reliable.

Last edited:

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Thanks, Wow, an hour to get there. *The embassy opens at 7 and I think we can get in earlier. *If we leave at 7 or 7:30 would that make a difference? May need to change hotels. *Just didn't see any options near US Embassy. Uber not an option as we can't bring cell phones into Embassy.

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
It does not take an hour to get there but the traffic in Santo Domingo can be quite crazy. I said an hour so that you can be safe. Kind of like going to the airport 2 hours early

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Thanks Alex and if you ever have any questions about the North Coast feel free to ask me.