JP Morgan Selling Foreign Bonds

jpblan2001

Jun 23, 2014
I read recently this article:

============
DR sells US$1.2 billion in sovereign bonds
Minister of Hacienda Donald Guerrero Ortiz announced the successful placement of Dominican sovereign bonds for the amount of US$1.2 billion as authorized by the National Budget Law 690-16. The new 10-year bonds will yield 5.95%.

Guerrero said that the bonds were sold in three hours and the total demand was US$2.9 billion. He said 180 orders were received from investors in several countries.

The transactions were handled by J.P. Morgan and Banreservas as co-manager.

http://www.diariolibre.com/economia/...ones-BI6028267
http://cbonds.com/emissions/issue/193561
===================

I find it interesting how JP Morgan is making money off not only the DR but all these other countries on this planet by being the middle man for selling government bonds. Why cannot these governments figure out some other way of selling bonds without incurring a high fee to JP Morgan and the like. This adds unnecessary debt to debt (bond) that this country already will have difficulty paying back.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
Think of J.P Morgan as the bookie. You have to pay the juice or vig. to play, their commission. You can buy directly in some instances muni's( municipal bonds) etc. However it's best to do it through a clearing house, brokerage firm. They buy them, rate them and sell them. J.P package's the product for sale

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
From a practical standpoint, countries like the DR have to use brokers like JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs to sell their sovereign bonds. The bulk of the fees/comissions that the brokers like JP Morgan make on the sale of these bonds is paid by the investors that purchase them.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
There are few people that control much of the wealth in the world. They control the money. Most people don't realize that Federal reserve banks U.S. D.R. or otherwise are privately NOT governmental or publicly held and they are owned by the same families.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.... Thomas Jefferson