Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Las Galeras was AMAZING!!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

From the airport, pass the toll booth (#1) hug the right lane as per WW, take the first right (#2) and follow the road until....

On your right you will pass (star) Quality Hotel which is in front of Zona Franca.Continue until you reach Carib Express, then turn right on hwy 7 to Samana.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BermudaRum View Post

From the airport, pass the toll booth (#1) hug the right lane as per WW, take the first right (#2) and follow the road until....

On your right you will pass (star) Quality Hotel which is in front of Zona Franca.Continue until you reach Carib Express, then turn right on hwy 7 to Samana.

Sorry photos need to be resized....
    I wrote the wrong HWY number it was HWY 7 I missed out of the airport not 5. I won't do it again that's for sure! Yes I am most definitely going back again. I can't stop thinking about it and staring at the 600 pictures we took.

I think we were pretty lucky driving at night I could see how it is very easy to get in trouble quickly. Plus I passed at least 8-10 Police trucks so I was watching my speed closely. I did get pulled over in Samana when we drove there during the day which was a little sketchy. I only gave them the rental paperwork none of my own. They talked for a few mins then let us go. It was right on the water front near the newer looking shops at the east end headed back to LG.

The car rental was a little shock but now we know how to do it. I also used my phone the record a video of the car all the way around inside and out. I pointed out EVERYTHING I could see and had the rental agent say their name and that they agreed to the marks and dents on the car. I saw another guy doing it in the lot and copied them.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Admittedly, the directions sound and look easy.... no, the turn is easy to miss.....

You need to be very aware......slowly out of the toll booth and hug the rail.....

Caribe Tours is big and hard to miss..... right turn again.

Nice work BDA Man

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Somehow, somewhere it might be a good idea to post the directions permanently.

It's a much traveled route

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

would these directions be correct , more or less? http://www.distancesfrom.com/directi.../36167330.aspx

6. Likes KateP liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think those are specific enough for the tourist Bob. The real tricky part and really the only tricky part is that turn off past the tolls. Willy is right, you have to really hug the right (no pun intended). There used to be a very small sign but even having traveled it 29-39 times I still worry about missing it.

8. Likes Timotero liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Hug the rail..

Reminds me of a horse race

And they're off,

My Tears, holding back
    HeartAche , keeping to the inside
    Bubble Gum, sticking to the rail

And Toilet Paper wiping up the rear.

10. Likes Timotero, BermudaRum liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12