Any other solo Travelers?

Simon Cosman

Dec 28, 2016
I will be flying into Punta Cana February 12th and leaving the 26th.

I plan on visiting Santo Domingo, Jarabacoa, and the Samana region.. Are there any other solo or non solo travelers who might want to meet up for an excursion, tour, or activity? I am a 35 year old guy, like hiking, photography, restaurants, ect

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Alot of people make connections online. I hope that a tragic outcome wouldn't stop anyone but remind everyone to be careful.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I will be flying into Punta Cana February 12th and leaving the 26th.

I plan on visiting Santo Domingo, Jarabacoa, and the Samana region.. Are there any other solo or non solo travelers who might want to meet up for an excursion, tour, or activity? I am a 35 year old guy, like hiking, photography, restaurants, ect

I've traveled from San Francisco to Sihanoukville and back round again, solo... Its the best way to go.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Seriously????

Too late. Did you miss the part where I said they are friends?? 

Have vacationed with some, visited their homes, they've stayed at ours. 

I find it's not even worth acknowledging some of these inane comments on here.
Having said that, I've connected with people in Real Estate, romance, and lifetime friendships on this site, and wifi passwords in cool places!

Simon Cosman

Dec 28, 2016
I would recommend against meeting any one

I can understand being cautious but I have met many people from the internet in the past. I don't think it's particularly dangerous, especially not if a few precautions are taken. For the many times I've met people there have been a few weird experiences but nothing serious.

I like the comment 'nothing ventured nothing gained'. Also hostels are a good idea, I've made friends many times that way.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I'm still surprised this thread is still open. I didn't know DR1 doubled as a dating/ hook up site. 

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
I find it's not even worth acknowledging some of these inane comments on here.
Having said that, I've connected with people in Real Estate, romance, and lifetime friendships on this site, and wifi passwords in cool places!

"Romance" I didn't know we could pursue hookups here, what are you doing later

Simon Cosman

Dec 28, 2016
"Romance" I didn't know we could pursue hookups here, what are you doing later

The fact one person mentioned meeting people from the forum for romance does not make the thread about that. It was not in the original question and not at all implied.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
We should have a dr1 tour of the island !!  From dr1er to dr1er.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Invariably you'll meet likeminded travelers at your hotel. I always have and since they were newborn es I enjoyed giving my tour of the sites.  However, 99.99% of Dominicans who approach with "my fren" are viewing you as an ATM.  Usual caution is all that is required.