I enjoy the reading in this forum but...

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
I would like to share my thoughts that comes to mind when reading the posts from people who are seeking advices regarding their encounter with Dominican men or women on their vacation trips to DR.

I will take the previous thread as an example:

If a worker at an AI resort shows interest in you as a tourist while staying at the resort regardless of it is a dominican man or a woman and additionally if there is huge age gap and the dominican person looks like a athlete and the tourist looks like it has never been an athlete and also if you are totally strangers to each other from before (no common friends etc.) the chances that the approach is truly genuine is VERY small.

I believe it is good that this forum exist to try to avoid people falling in the obvious "love-traps" and I see it as a "health" sign that the people actually asks for other people opinions.

What I do see as a big warning sign however is then the OP start to argue against the people who are giving quite reasonable advices and clicking dislikes etc. on the responses.
In the previous thread I believe two responses from Southern and Berzin were spot on (according to me) and if those type of responses are "too tough" to handle then there is a big risk that an OP is or will be lost with emotional and financial consequences (negative) now or in the future.

When I read a comment like - "do not worry this is a women haters forum" - you are not doing the OP a favor to be honest. For me it not would matter if the OP would be a man or a woman. The reality is just the same - some are easier to trick regardless of gender, however I do think a man can sometimes handles the truth a bit better in this "love approach" in the DR. We men have other disadvantages so do not get me wrong here.

There are off course a few happy stories as well but there are very far apart if the factors that listed higher up are ticked :)

Just my 2 cents
MM

Last edited:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
DR isn't alone alone
Thailand offers the same issues.

It stems from (IMO) an impoverished population seeking a better life by any means.

Are they taking advantage - or just trying to survive - to advance. ???

I am never too critical.
Harsh times call for harsh measures.

My 2 cents

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Milo, there are a LOT of DR1ers happily married to Dominicans.  They met in various ways, and I'll bet a lot through hotels. They don't say too much about their relationships, because if they do someone will snicker and say yeah, sure, only you found a DDD. (Definitely Different Dominican, for the newbies). 

The DDD are out there. So are the sankies and sankettes. 

lisainmich

Jan 22, 2017
If this was my thread, then I should clarify since this is the second confusion...

I have no illusions that this this guy has genuine interest in me.  When i said some were mean, there was really only one, with the extensive description of granny panties and sweating and making people involuntarily gag.  I DON'T believe he would prefer me over the young chica.  I didn't need that description to convince me, so that was really just kind of mean.

The rest of the advice was good and helpful.

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
AE, sure and I know there many happy couples in DR like in many other countries with people from different backgrounds, culture etc.. All power to them!

All what I am saying is that most threads I read in this forum really gives the red alert and whoever is posting here for advice would benefit from being 100% open to the responses else should not seek advice to start with and I would hope the people who respond to the OP think twice before encouraging him/her too much when they know the chance is very slim that the approach/situation is genuine based on what they have just been reading

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
If this was my thread, then I should clarify since this is the second confusion...

I have no illusions that this this guy has genuine interest in me.  When i said some were mean, there was really only one, with the extensive description of granny panties and sweating and making people involuntarily gag.  I DON'T believe he would prefer me over the young chica.  I didn't need that description to convince me, so that was really just kind of mean.

The rest of the advice was good and helpful.

Lisa, that poster had a generally bad day, or maybe week.  He's currently banned from the site. 

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
AE, sure and I know there many happy couples in DR like in many other countries with people from different backgrounds, culture etc.. All power to them!

All what I am saying is that most threads I read in this forum really gives the red alert and whoever is posting here for advice would benefit from being 100% open to the responses else should not seek advice to start with and I would hope the people who respond to the OP think twice before encouraging him/her too much when they know the chance is very slim that the approach/situation is genuine based on what have just been reading

I agree with you, many need blinders removed. The ridicule of the OP, whether male or female, is what annoys me. I doubt many of the worst offenders are prizes themselves.

But let me be honest. If DR1 and this forum existed in 1975, when I met Mr AE, I would have run and never looked back. Can't imagine what the last 41 years would have been like. 

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
I would like to share my thoughts that comes to mind when reading the posts from people who are seeking advices regarding their encounter with Dominican men or women on their vacation trips to DR.

I will take the previous thread as an example:

If a worker at an AI resort shows interest in you as a tourist while staying at the resort regardless of it is a dominican man or a woman and additionally if there is huge age gap and the dominican person looks like a athlete and the tourist looks like it has never been an athlete and also if you are totally strangers to each other from before (no common friends etc.) the chances that the approach is truly genuine is VERY small.

I believe it is good that this forum exist to try to avoid people falling in the obvious "love-traps" and I see it as a "health" sign that the people actually asks for other people opinions.

What I do see as a big warning sign however is then the OP start to argue against the people who are giving quite reasonable advices and clicking dislikes etc. on the responses.
In the previous thread I believe two responses from Southern and Berzin were spot on (according to me) and if those type of responses are "too tough" to handle then there is a big risk that an OP is or will be lost with emotional and financial consequences (negative) now or in the future.

When I read a comment like - "do not worry this is a women haters forum" - you are not doing the OP a favor to be honest. For me it not would matter if the OP would be a man or a woman. The reality is just the same - some are easier to trick regardless of gender, however I do think a man can sometimes handles the truth a bit better in this "love approach" in the DR. We men have other disadvantages so do not get me wrong here.

There are off course a few happy stories as well but there are very far apart if the factors that listed higher up are ticked :)

Just my 2 cents
MM

I went through some characters prior to ending up with my current wife. I would not change any of the experiences I had prior to meeting my wife because I enjoyed every moment good and bad, in hindsight. I never lost more than I could have afforded. Most of what is said are spot on. It's just that sometimes some of the posters do go a little overboard. What works for one individual might not work for the other. Sometimes you have to go with your gut feeling.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004

All what I am saying is that most threads I read in this forum really gives the red alert and whoever is posting here for advice would benefit from being 100% open to the responses else should not seek advice to start with and I would hope the people who respond to the OP think twice before encouraging him/her too much when they know the chance is very slim that the approach/situation is genuine based on what they have just been reading
I first of all scratch my head when someone asks for input into their love life on an anonymous forum. Crazy.

I then scratch my head when folks with non- or dysfunctional relationship history speak with authority about the finer points of someone else's relationship.

Johnathon Edwards sang it best:

[video=youtube;ScfUfsUlGro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScfUfsUlGro[/video]

"He can't even run his own life,
I'll be damned if he runs mine..."

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I have been married over 23 years. 23+ years ago I would have no clue what a "sankie" was and had no clue if it existed. Times have changed. But I seriously doubt I would have come on a public forum to get some input. Actually as AE said, I would have took off running and never looked back. Again times have changed...

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
The Internet has changed the Times .. Simple as that . Stupid easy to follow up and "Freeeng" people who you barely had any contact with and take it any direction from there depending on how honed your skills are .
that was the turning point, imo..
Western Union poured Gasoline on the fire .

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Since the title of your thread is "I Like Reading This Forum, But..." then change it. Contribute. Make us all proud.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I

Just my 2 cents
MM

Men can't handle the truth any better than women. Even if their case is obvious.
They get defensive and tell others that they're envious of their relationship.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Milo, there are a LOT of DR1ers happily married to Dominicans.  They met in various ways, and I'll bet a lot through hotels. They don't say too much about their relationships, because if they do someone will snicker and say yeah, sure, only you found a DDD. (Definitely Different Dominican, for the newbies). 

In order to find a DD... anything, you need to be a DDG!

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
I went through some characters prior to ending up with my current wife. I would not change any of the experiences I had prior to meeting my wife because I enjoyed every moment good and bad, in hindsight. I never lost more than I could have afforded. Most of what is said are spot on. It's just that sometimes some of the posters do go a little overboard. What works for one individual might not work for the other. Sometimes you have to go with your gut feeling.

Sometimes you have to follow your dreams. It may be a little rocky along the way. Maybe your dream fulfilled will be not how you originally envisioned it.

I would say don't be afraid and don't be stupid.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016

A.E. right on, count me as one of the happy ones ......mi girl fren ,is really mi esposa.... many DDD out there Doc......

Apr 7, 2014
I agree with you, many need blinders removed. The ridicule of the OP, whether male or female, is what annoys me. I doubt many of the worst offenders are prizes themselves.

But let me be honest. If DR1 and this forum existed in 1975, when I met Mr AE, I would have run and never looked back. Can't imagine what the last 41 years would have been like. 
Yea but 40 years ago, no Internet, nor such a thing as easy win. The international relationship required a least the modicum of effort from the Dominican party writing letters and such.

Nowadays everyone online expects an shoe-in on the second time you speak to them. You find yourself burnt out from repeatedly starting conversations with people only to be hit up for "help" or a "loan" sometimes 10 minutes later.

I dont care how desperate they are, if they were more patient they would score more wins.

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
Men can't handle the truth any better than women. Even if their case is obvious.
They get defensive and tell others that they're envious of their relationship.

I agree in general, was just sharing my experience based on what I have seen in life