Traveling from Samana Ferry pier to Las Galeras

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Anyone have information of taxi or car rental location in Samana to include info on travel time from pier to Las Galeras.

Regards,

PJT

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Anyone have information of taxi or car rental location in Samana to include info on travel time from pier to Las Galeras.

Regards,

PJT

You mentioned a few things here including taxi, car rental, and ferry so I assume you are open to any suggestions? As far as I know, there is no ferry from Samana to Las Galeras. I am sure someone would take you but I don't think there is a scheduled ferry. It would be expensive to hire someone and go by boat. There are many gua guas that go back and forth all day if you don't mind jumping in a beat up truck with lots of people. Go over by the produce market along the main route through town where the smaller buses park. There is a car rental place across the street from the dock by Banco Popular. Check with this guy, he has a taxi . . .Moreno 809-513-9951. He only speaks Spanish.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Our party is arriving to Samana from Sabana de La Mar by the ferry, looking for onward surface travel to Las Galeras options.

Regards,

PJT

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Take a taxi. Only takes about 35 minutes and a straight run. There should be some taxis where you arrive.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
Just take a guagua from the marketplace and a bottle of rum from the market, and have fun. Costs 300 pesos.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Hit both buttons, meant to be a Like
I am a Barceloero or rather Barcelotero

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Our party is arriving to Samana from Sabana de La Mar by the ferry, looking for onward surface travel to Las Galeras options.

Regards,

PJT

Is this a day trip or are you staying overnight in LG? If you are call your hotel and ask them to arrange a car for you otherwise find a taxi that will accomodate your party.