Is there an impact to travel to/from the DR ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgolivares

Apr 9, 2010
Is there an impact to travel to/from the DR ?   I know the DR is not one of the 7 counties mentioned in the travel ban executive order signed by the US President but things appear chaotic and cloudy at the moment, hence the question. 

I'm a US citizen born in the DR with dual citizenship. I travel 2-3 times a year between DR and US.  I'm presently in the US and don't want to get caught in the middle.  Should I stay in the US for the next few weeks or should I go ahead and return to sunny Sto Dgo?

Has the US ambassador to the DR made any official comments on his subject ?

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
?................ I know the DR is not one of the 7 counties mentioned in the travel ban executive order signed by the US President ............. ?

I believe that's your answer right there. If you don't hold a passport from one of those 7 countries, there should be no impact. Enjoy your trip. 

Jan 7, 2016
Federal Judge in Brooklyn has issued stay in the issue of the order. All persons on their way to or at a U.S. airport will be allowed to clear immigration with proper documentation. This is a temporary stay obtained by the ACLU and to be permanent, has to go through the court system, up to and including the Supreme Court. Look for a lengthy process here. "Presidente" Trump may have overstepped his authority on this one.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Federal Judge in Brooklyn has issued stay in the issue of the order. All persons on their way to or at a U.S. airport will be allowed to clear immigration with proper documentation. This is a temporary stay obtained by the ACLU and to be permanent, has to go through the court system, up to and including the Supreme Court. Look for a lengthy process here. "Presidente" Trump may have overstepped his authority on this one.

God forbid a democratically elected president delivers on his campaign promises. US history and law favors Trump although this could be a lengthy process. His executive order is based on countries he states pose a threat, not a Muslim ban. Agree with him or not. It this is what his order legally states.

The ban is in full effect. The judges order was only for those that were already on their way.

To the OP, the ban does not affect you.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Is there an impact to travel to/from the DR ?   I know the DR is not one of the 7 counties mentioned in the travel ban executive order signed by the US President but things appear chaotic and cloudy at the moment, hence the question. 

I'm a US citizen born in the DR with dual citizenship. I travel 2-3 times a year between DR and US.  I'm presently in the US and don't want to get caught in the middle.  Should I stay in the US for the next few weeks or should I go ahead and return to sunny Sto Dgo?

Has the US ambassador to the DR made any official comments on his subject ?

This was an official policy of the US at the dawn of Friday:

From USCIS : A person with refugee or asylum status who wishes to travel
outside the United States needs a Refugee Travel Document in order
to return to the United States.In most cases, a refugee or asylee may use the Refugee Travel
Document for travel in place of a passport. The Refugee Travel Document is similar in appearance to a U.S. passport.

However, the wack job at the helm has found it politically profitable to immediately impede re-entry of even US permanent residents born in the seven countries. If he has shown anything it is that he is inconsistent so there is no telling what tomorrow will bring.

Status
Not open for further replies.