Any info on "Tropical Casa Laguna" condos in Cabarete?

The Creature

Mar 13, 2013
This is an old hotel that they are converting into individual condos. The price seems good for the area... low 50s for a fully furnished very modern, brand new studio. The location can't be beat if you want to be in the heart of town.

There is nothing online and the only info I can really get is the developer is Russian. Does anyone know more info about the developer? Maybe other projects he has worked on, etc.? Thanks.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
IF, and the operative word being IF they complete it. you might see a title in 2025!
Oh, another Russian laundromat, great investment.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
An example. Where they are building the new Lifestyles resort in Caberete was a condo build, about 10 years ago. Never completed. Most owners lost everything. Like has been said wait till it's done. Better to pay a little more. then loose it all.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Read the heading..

I have lived in Cabarete for almost 14 years and do not know EXACTLY where these are. As in what is next to them. I guess they are not obvious while driving through town. Hence the reason for my question.

ElVenao

Mar 16, 2017
haha are real estate projects so suspicious and risky prior to completion? I had a slightly different view for certain projects depending on the people behind them. But I generally agree that one should refrain from investing and buying "en plano".

ando1991

Dec 5, 2016
Cabarete Center by restaurants. Not Beach side.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I have lived in Cabarete for almost 14 years and do not know EXACTLY where these are. As in what is next to them. I guess they are not obvious while driving through town. Hence the reason for my question.

They are directly across from BHD bank. Kind of hidden for view from the street when you are driving by. They've been there for a long time. Used to be an all inclusive resort.

Jan 17, 2009
Oh I'm sure you've seen them.  They were open until a few years ago (maybe 3-4 years ago).  You've probably passed the beach side part of the resort many times (next door to Pomodoro).   The converted condos are right across the main road.

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
The condo development is exactly across from the alley leading down to the beach where the Pomodoro is. Can't beat the location! Centre Cabarete and walking distance to everything!
The old beachfront Hotel Tropical Casa Laguna has also been bought by a different person and is being converted into large luxury condos.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Indeed !

As for the question of buying before they are finished. Do not, do not, do not.

Sage advice, don't even risk too much of a deposit & then, if and once they are finished go slow and triple check. There are so many projects started with great promises only to get left half finished and overgrown for years.