Page 172 of 172 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1720

Thread: Gringo Round Up in Sosua ?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Tourism on the north coast is way down despite a small uptick reported recently. Yes tourism in the DR and the south coast is up considerably.

North Coast rooms booked is up 5%  so tourism isn't down

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The Dr government implemented a tax free incentive for hotels renovating 50% or more rooms .. to hotels 15yrs or older.. plus new build tax breaks ..

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgreat View Post
    North Coast rooms booked is up 5%  so tourism isn't down
    A small uptick is what I mentioned. I did not say the north coast was down year over year. It is way down from a past highs or even the average. 5% up from miserable is still miserable.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

These growth stats never seem to match what the people and business owners say. Those with first hand experience are always wrong and the Guv stats are always right.The only exception are Realtors, they will agree that the economy is getting better, get in now and make money on your investment!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

All of Caribbean got hit with tourism slump ..but DR is surpassing the rest in recovery ...I think we need another pizza joint to help!  

6. Likes drstock liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgreat View Post
    All of Caribbean got hit with tourism slump ..but DR is surpassing the rest in recovery ...I think we need another pizza joint to help!  
    I think we have enuff slump shouldered tourists. But don't hit them!

I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    This nitpicking is becoming tiresome and repetitious. Leave Windy and the others alone. He already indicated that he surmised his conclusion so you already have the answer to your question, which leads me to wonder about your motivation in asking.
    It's not nitpicking, and I believe if Winde had a problem with my question he would have PM'd me as he has done in the past, when he has requested clarification on an issue, but not for the eyes of the entire DR1 world. I correspond with Winde on other threads, including a baseball thread on here. This is a forum. People discuss issues. It's not just one way pontification or diary entries. People converse. Which leads me to wonder about your motivation as a Mod. Is it not to encourage the open sharing of ideas within the DR1 community, in order for it to remain the #1 source of DR related information?
    You mention leaving Winde, and the "others" alone. What others? I have not received one PM from anybody having an issue. It's actually been quite the opposite. Are you directing this message to others on this thread, or am I just the lucky one?

9. Likes windeguy, Polar Bear, chico bill liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

From my post in the Overstay Chart topic in the Living Forum:

Left Las Americas 2 weeks ago and had overstayed one day (plane schedules don't really take the overstay chart into account :-) ). Had to pay 2500 pesos at the cashiers window and got a receipt. I joked to the woman officer if they were not going to arrest me for overstaying so I could stay longer and she said no :-). Then she said something interesting: She said next time when you come, instead of buying the tourist card on entry ask for the 90 day visa and that will only cost you 2.000 pesos. So it seems that this rumored 90 day visa does exist (or at least this customs officer thought it did).

11. Likes cavok liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd_mine View Post
    From my post in the Overstay Chart topic in the Living Forum:
    Yes I have heard it exists but yet to see one in a tourists passport ?
    Yes now is the time to buy more property in the North Coast, it's going up like a rock in a deep pool I'm sure mine is worth 75% of what I paid - But my Realtor friend called to say "I have a great deal "..
    Always ask what happened to the last owner...was he found under a mattress or in the cistern, how many machete marks did he have, or was he disappeared ?
    Not that I believe in ghosts but I won't buy a property where the last owner was killed or vanished - maybe I don't believe in ghosts - but it's just bad juju.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a typical year in So-Sewer.