Feasibility of route Hato Mayor to Autopista de Nordeste ?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Traveling to Samana from the east. Plan #1 to use ferry to Samana if weather good. If weather gives risk to ferry travel have Plan #2 to use Autopista del Nordeste as part of route to destination.

Exploring traveling to the autopista from the east to Hato Mayor - Bayaguana - Texaco/at autopista crossroad to avoid having to go all the way to Boca Chica to access the toll road.

Has anyone traveled the Hato Mayor - Bayaguana route to the autopista willing to advise its utility for transit, ie: conditions of road and travel time?

Regards,

PJT

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Hi, i went there like 8 month ago.

It is a dirt road in long stretches, holes in part but not too deep and not too many. I did it in a Hyundai Tucson 4x4.

You have to cross a river (a bit tricky because you can't go straight ahead, you need to go to the right first upstream in the water to do a turn to access the other shore), don't go straight the car will be swallowed up!

To climb the other side I had to add the 4x4.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Have 4x4, just looking for options. Do you have travel time +-. ?

Regards,

PJT

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Traveling to Samana from the east. Plan #1 to use ferry to Samana if weather good. If weather gives risk to ferry travel have Plan #2 to use Autopista del Nordeste as part of route to destination.

Exploring traveling to the autopista from the east to Hato Mayor - Bayaguana - Texaco/at autopista crossroad to avoid having to go all the way to Boca Chica to access the toll road.

Has anyone traveled the Hato Mayor - Bayaguana route to the autopista willing to advise its utility for transit, ie: conditions of road and travel time?

Regards,

PJT

Can't tell, from what you are asking, if you are aware that the Samana Ferry does not take vehicles?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
We got surprised by the dark, so it took us longer than estimated here:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/hat...1!1s0x8eaf75095280e30b:0xa52403ac0a828770!3e0

So did you detour down on route 4 as you show in the map or just took route 66 which seems like the direct route from Bayaguana to Hato Mayor? I've gotten as far as Bayaguana from the highway, but it was late and I turned back. Looking at it didn't seem like it would be too bad of a drive. At least the road off Bayaguana didn't seem that terrible, but would like to know how it is once you leave town and head east.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I took the direct route form Hato Mayor to Bayaguana. Coming from Higuey via El Seibo.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Aware! Exploring travel options.

Regards,

PJT

Where are you starting from, Punta Cana? From Punta Cana I would connect into the Santo Domingo/Samana Highway Rt 7 and take it to the end where it connects to Rt 5 which run East to Samana. Taking dirt roads will probably take longer and possibly damage your vehicle in the process.