Help With Claro SIM

viperpiper

Mar 1, 2016
I have a claro sim that is working and activated with roaming. Can someone tell me the proper code to activate through the phone a 3gb. I was told *112*4*1*1*8*1# . I did that as per the instructions given to me and it didn't activate the 3gb data for 30 days data package.

If anyone can help out with this, much appreciated.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Download the app Mi Claro, will be easy and faster if you have Credit Card.  if not I sugest you activate it with *112# maybe is not working because  claro chabged the plans so you ahould be selecting a plan that is not longer  offerting claro

viperpiper

Mar 1, 2016
The sim was bought through mr. simcard. So I activated as per the instructions he gave me with the code I mentioned and within 2 days my data was dead because it wasn't using the 3gb data plan. Claro does offer this plan still, which is what I wanted, it was just deducting from my balance. I called the guy at mr. simcard and he insisted his instructions were correct and chewed me out on the phone saying I didn't enter in that code correctly which is complete BS. I'll try the claro app or website and see if that's any better although my spanish is next to nil.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I have the 3gb plan with Claro. It's 800 pesos for 30 days, of course if you use the data faster than that it's over. 

viperpiper

Mar 1, 2016
I have the 3gb plan with Claro. It's 800 pesos for 30 days, of course if you use the data faster than that it's over. 

Well that's exactly what I wanted to purchase with that code he gave me in the sim instructions. It turns out it didn't purchase the 3gb plan, it just activated the phone and the data I was using was just subtracting money from my money bucket. So when I retopped it up and called mr.simcard he swears up and down that the instructions he gave me should activate the Claro 3gb plan. Perhaps the instructions he's handing out to anyone that buys a claro card and wants the 3gb 30 day plan is wrong. That's why I was asking here if anyone can confirm if those key presses do purchase the plan or not. I sent an email to claro but haven't heard back yet.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Well that's exactly what I wanted to purchase with that code he gave me in the sim instructions. It turns out it didn't purchase the 3gb plan, it just activated the phone and the data I was using was just subtracting money from my money bucket. So when I retopped it up and called mr.simcard he swears up and down that the instructions he gave me should activate the Claro 3gb plan. Perhaps the instructions he's handing out to anyone that buys a claro card and wants the 3gb 30 day plan is wrong. That's why I was asking here if anyone can confirm if those key presses do purchase the plan or not. I sent an email to claro but haven't heard back yet.

I've never activated it myself, a quick stop at any Claro place and it's done. You will get a text confirming what you paid and what you're getting