Has DR1 been infected?

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
It started yesterday morning when I went on DR1, I got all kind of pop ups and my chrome opened up new tabs with sites I couldn't close without using task manager.
Then I started to get this same $hyte when I was opening my regular sites.
I'm using adblock and it seems to have stopped now.
Has anybody else experienced the same problems?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
It started yesterday morning when I went on DR1, I got all kind of pop ups and my chrome opened up new tabs with sites I couldn't close without using task manager.
Then I started to get this same $hyte when I was opening my regular sites.
I'm using adblock and it seems to have stopped now.
Has anybody else experienced the same problems?

You have probably been infected with a piece of malware that has hijacked your browser. This malware is probably smart enough to infect any browser program you choose to open. You need to scan your system with software that specializes in adware, rootkits and browser scripts. No single antivirus program can prevent and clean everything.

Try malwarebytes and if that doesn't work then try the free ad-aware. http://www.lavasoft.com/free_download/trial/

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
You have probably been infected with a piece of malware that has hijacked your browser. This malware is probably smart enough to infect any browser program you choose to open. You need to scan your system with software that specializes in adware, rootkits and browser scripts. No single antivirus program can prevent and clean everything.

Try malwarebytes and if that doesn't work then try the free ad-aware. http://www.lavasoft.com/free_download/trial/

I've downloaded it and last night everything seemed to be okay. This morning, first I read the Dutch newspaper online and everything was okay no pop ups. Then I opened DR1 and it started again, every time I click on "New Posts" it opens up a new tab. The other sites seem to be okay though. :ermm:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
You should always run the programs again if malware is found, as some malware hides behind others.

The second time running them sometimes catches the sneaky ones.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I used both as advised above but apparently it wasn't enough because opening this site again it opened up another tab again in my chrome, fk fk fk fk fk and I thought everything was alright.

Did you try deleting Chrome and re-install? Also set up a guest account on your pc and see if the same happens using the guest account.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
I found that AVG pretty much sucks the high hard one. I use a combo of free/paid programs such as AVAST, slimcleaner, advanced system optimizer, and spyot.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
I found that AVG pretty much sucks the high hard one. I use a combo of free/paid programs such as AVAST, slimcleaner, advanced system optimizer, and spyot.

I use AVG, but I don't let it control the browser. Got myself all jammed like that years ago. Now I close that stupid window instead of clicking on any of the buttons.