Terms of Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Being a moderator on DR1 must be trying at times especially when enforcing the Terms of Service that we all sign up to when we join this forum:

Terms of Service (TOS) when you sign up
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below.

Although the administrators and moderators of DR1 Dominican Republic Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of DR1 Dominican Republic Forums, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

Posts and threads are only deleted if they contain personal information or content that is of a obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violate any laws.

Active accounts with a post count of one (1) or more will not be deleted, unless they violate the rules and policies detailed above.

The owners of DR1 Dominican Republic Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.

My post today is specifically about the subject highlighted in red.

Over the years, there have been posts with content that look borderline or actively encourage others to break laws of the Dominican Republic. And there have been other posters who agree and like those posts. And there have been those that have given advice to enquiries advising compliance with the laws of the Dominican Republic and they have been verbally abused for doing so and that advice rebutted to the enquirer.

A definition for violate can be found in various dictionaries, and my point to Robert is does he think should do anything or indeed expand on what he means by 'violate any laws' in his terms of service for the benefit of all Moderators and posters in relation to such posts. This, mindful that advice given in some posts on this forum is often shared widely on social media and can become taken as fact.

Now this is not an attempt to stop the vigorous discussions there is on some threads which can be quite controversial and enjoyable. Experiences, quoted statements and conjecture supporting positions from other social media and the web are all part of good forum. But on occasion, some posts look like they are overstepping the mark. If in doubt perhaps the use disclaimers can be added to questionable posts?

Some areas that may need closer consideration are: Employment advice to newbies, Driving in the DR and Car Insurance, Return Air Tickets for Tourists and most controversial as far as DR1 members are concerned, Immigration Status.

Of Course, Robert you may feel legally protected by your current policies and terms of service on the issue raised.

But the question has been asked.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Long ago, a millions or so when that was first written we've had many changes. The no threads or post will be deleted means if you the member want something removed not the owners or mods. Many many new forums have been added since 1996 when Robert was the only mod but as the board grew and forums were added so were the mods. Robert gives each mod the right to run their forums as they see fit so check under each forum for added rules in case you miss the mod's warning.

Simple way to explain, we decide what gets deleted in our own forums especially if the mod has already yelled out to stop doing this or that no matter how relevant one might think their post is. Sometimes a mod might seek the advice of other mods if they have doubts

I've been here since July 1999 . This is not a democracy but a privately owned site. ;)

Love you guys

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Long ago, a millions or so when that was first written we've had many changes. The no threads or post will be deleted means if you the member want something removed not the owners or mods. Many many new forums have been added since 1996 when Robert was the only mod but as the board grew and forums were added so were the mods. Robert gives each mod the right to run their forums as they see fit so check under each forum for added rules in case you miss the mod's warning.

Simple way to explain, we decide what gets deleted in our own forums especially if the mod has already yelled out to stop doing this or that no matter how relevant one might think their post is. Sometimes a mod might seek the advice of other mods if they have doubts

I've been here since July 1999 . This is not a democracy but a privately owned site. ;)

Love you guys

............My post today is specifically about the subject highlighted in red..........

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
............My post today is specifically about the subject highlighted in red..........

Posts and threads are only deleted if they contain personal information or content that is of a obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violate any laws.

Since then many other rules have been added, which many seem to forget and mods keep reminding us over and over.

Stay on topic
No US politics in regular forums
No religious discussions in regular forums ect.

Most of all we the mods decide what is acceptable in OUR FORUMS!

Hey at least I'm giving you an answer wait till the boss reads this. :laugh:

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller

Since then many other rules have been added, which many seem to forget and mods keep reminding us over and over.

Stay on topic
No US politics in regular forums
No religious discussions in regular forums ect.

Most of all we the mods decide what is acceptable in OUR FORUMS!

Hey at least I'm giving you an answer wait till the boss reads this. :laugh:

Otherwise AnnaC in response to your post#2 I would simply have to defer and ask every Moderator to post their response to the very specific point raised which I think is unfair.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Everything is fine as it is, no plans to change the TOS or how the mods handle their forums.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.