mechanic

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I am arriving in santo domingo next Tuesday and I bought a car in October when I was there last ...I have shipped down four new tyres and also want to give the car a full service ...can anyone recommend a good place to get this done ?
thankyou in advance

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I am arriving in santo domingo next Tuesday and I bought a car in October when I was there last ...I have shipped down four new tyres and also want to give the car a full service ...can anyone recommend a good place to get this done ?
thankyou in advance

Where will you be and what type of car?

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I am in urbanization real ...close to mirador sur and it is a santa fe

I have a mechanic I trusted (like finding gold in ANY country) who had his own shop but recently when to work for a Hyundai dealer but he is in Santiago. In the capitol only have a auto body guy I trust (trust but confirm, usually I have to have him clean up overspray/rebuff but he gave me great pricing and didn't bitch and moan too much about the re-work.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I have a mechanic I trusted (like finding gold in ANY country) who had his own shop but recently when to work for a Hyundai dealer but he is in Santiago. In the capitol only have a auto body guy I trust (trust but confirm, usually I have to have him clean up overspray/rebuff but he gave me great pricing and didn't bitch and moan too much about the re-work.

I'd like the info on the body guy please. Need some minor work done. 

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
thankyou in advance

David Frenos on Calle San Anton No.13, Zona Industrial Herrera, Santo Domingo.

When traveling on Ave. Luperon, go west at the stop light in front of Jumbo Luperon. It's approx. 1 kilometer from the light on the right. Can't miss it.

They've been my go-to for many years. Good work and cheap.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I'd like the info on the body guy please. Need some minor work done. 

Bodywork can be had at Advanced Auto Technology (809) 732-0077 at the corner of Kennedy & Calle Cesar Augusto Sandino. It's next door to Ferreteria Unidas. They done 3 jobs for me with excellent results.

Another good shop is Altima Auto Body (809) 238-0999 behind the INTEC parking lot on Ave. de los Proceres. Turn west at the stoplight under the pedestrian overpass at Calle Buena Ventura and immediately turn left and you'll see them at the bottom of the hill. Excellent workmanship.