art supply & yarn store in Santiago

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
Looking for an art supply store & yarn store in Santiago, if anyone knows of one please give directions if possible. thanks. Jan

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
There are a number of art stores in santiago - it depends on what you're looking for though. Yarn you can get at la mercería alegría on calle broker between San Luis and España in the city. You can get all kinds of crafting goods though. If you're looking for paint and canvas, there is a store on the corner of Calle de sol in front of Colon park (where the Altagracia church is) I am not sure what it's called. It it's obvious from the outside that it is an art store.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Librería Lendoiro, I believe, on Calle el Sol, has art supplies. La Sirena does as well.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
Librería Lendoiro, I believe, on Calle el Sol, has art supplies. La Sirena does as well.

This is the same place I was going to mention, and I believe it is the store LaTeacher is referring to, too. It's across the street from Claro.

Nice selection in store and friendly staff. Really cool place for crafts.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
Would these art stores have thick fibrous twine?

I can't say for sure as I've not been there in about 2 years, but, they do have a large selection of many items. If not in stock they could probably get their hands on it for you.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
Cobraboy, you can get twine at any of the craft stores in the city. It's a common material.

The store I mentioned on Calle del Sol is La Miscelanea. THere's also la merceria la alegria on Beller, and Rosy on ... Espana, between sol and beller.