Blue Light Closed by Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Another strip club closed in Bavaro by the Police and Fiscal. Blue Light has been closed by the charge of employing minors. This is similar to what happened to Conijitas.

Jan 7, 2016
Another One Bites the Dust, Another One Bites the Dust...when one closes, another opens. Usually same clients and usually the same Chicas...provided they weren't undocumented (or underage!)!

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Another strip club closed in Bavaro by the Police and Fiscal. Blue Light has been closed by the charge of employing minors. This is similar to what happened to Conijitas.

Do they just get closed down, or do the owners find themselves in hotter water for promoting minors? And before the wolves come howling, I am not against adult oriented businesses as long as the people working there are indeed adults, and not working there against their will. And please don't give me the semantics that 16 or 17 is permissible in other parts of the world. I'm speaking of the Dominican Republic, where the age is 18.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Because there are very few decent clubs still open. And, with Blue Light gone, if it is, the two premier brothels in the area are closed. Conejita and Blue Light. Well known and big. Which, of course, draws attention. The writing is on the wall, so to speak. The trend seems to be those clubs are being closed, and nothing similar replaces them. Hence, my question.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Near the San Juan Mall the club previously named Jazzy's is still open. They changed the name and I believe may have new owners. But it is open, and a lot nicer inside than the Blue Light or Conejitas was.

There are also a few new ones in Fruisa. These places will not be going away anytime soon.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
American Showgirl opened shortly after Ladies Factory (nee Conejitas) closed. They had a lot of Venezuelan girls at one time, but last I was there it was mostly Dominicanas again.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Near the San Juan Mall the club previously named Jazzy's is still open. They changed the name and I believe may have new owners. But it is open, and a lot nicer inside than the Blue Light or Conejitas was.

There are also a few new ones in Fruisa. These places will not be going away anytime soon.

Jazzy's also charge 2x drink prices when you bought the girl a drink. When my friends come to town, they don't even mention it anymore.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Jazzy's also charge 2x drink prices when you bought the girl a drink. When my friends come to town, they don't even mention it anymore.

Yes, they rip you off on drinks, but that is par for the course in these joints. Also never run a tab in any of these places.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Yes, they rip you off on drinks, but that is par for the course in these joints. Also never run a tab in any of these places.
Most places charge the same inflated prices for you and the lady. Jazzys charges a different price for the woman.

Sent from my ASUS_Z016D using Tapatalk

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
American Showgirl opened shortly after Ladies Factory (nee Conejitas) closed. They had a lot of Venezuelan girls at one time, but last I was there it was mostly Dominicanas again.

Do they have rooms in that place - American Showgirls, lol? They did not have them before, when it was Escape, Cocos - and so, it was not a brothel. Conejita and Blue Light (and Jazzys) had rooms on the premises. Somebody floated the rumor that the owner of Showgirls put Conejita out of business. Showgirls is nothing like Conejita. About one-tenth the size and not nearly as upscale. It is still the same dump it has always been. I drop in for one beer just to scope it out when we are there. Ear splitting music. Even the employees know its bad for business if you want to draw tourists.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Do they have rooms in that place - American Showgirls, lol? They did not have them before, when it was Escape, Cocos - and so, it was not a brothel. Conejita and Blue Light (and Jazzys) had rooms on the premises. Somebody floated the rumor that the owner of Showgirls put Conejita out of business. Showgirls is nothing like Conejita. About one-tenth the size and not nearly as upscale. It is still the same dump it has always been. I drop in for one beer just to scope it out when we are there. Ear splitting music. Even the employees know its bad for business if you want to draw tourists.
There's 1 hotel in back and Flamboyan next door. So yes, there are rooms, which does make it a brothel.

Sent from my ASUS_Z016D using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.