hacienda andrea resort in confresi

E

elizabeth

We are going to the Hacienda Andrea Resort in April of this year with our two young (under 6) children. We haven't heard much of this resort and want to know if anyone has stayed there and what do they think of the hotel and its area and the beach in Cofresi. The other choice of hotel was the Hacienda Tropical. I would really appreciate any suggestions because spending the money to come down here from Victoria, B.C. Canada, we want to make sure we are going to the right resort. Apparently this is a great resort for kids!!!

D

denise

Hi: I've been to Hacienda twice and I'm going back end of March. I stayed at Andreas once. Nice area for families. It is a lot of walking to the rest of the resort, though with little ones. They have a cute little kiddy pool there as well as 2 adult pools. Andreas is the farthest away from the beach. Tropical is the closest to the beach. Most expensive though. In Nov 98 when I went they ran out of water 3 times, so people weren't impressed with that. Have you checked out www.hacienda-resorts.com? It's great. Please email me directly if you want more information. Have fun!

C

Cindy

Re: hacienda andrea resort in confresi -- Links to Check Out!!!

Elizabeth: In addition to Denise's suggestion there are two other places you can get info on the Hacienda Andreas. The first is Debbies website with reviews on all of the hotels that are part of the Hacienda: http://www.computan.on.ca/~pdowney/travel14.html

Another good site is the Steacy's who have pictures of the Andreas with their e-mail address at the bottom of their home page if you want to ask them more specific information. They can be found at: http://foyfd.recorder.ca/trip.htm

Both of these sites were instrumental in helping us decide on booking at the Hacienda Tropical for our first trip to the DR coming up in April. We are really looking forward to being there!!! Until then we just keep reading reviews from others who have been there and share their views with us!!! Have a great trip!!

S

shauna

hi! We are neighbours, we live on Salt Spring Island! Anyway back to your question: My family used to live in Cofresi. It is a nice beach and close to your hotel. The area has changed so much in the last five years. THe tourist population is mostly European, so there is a certain vibe. A great resturant is Chris and Mody's, tell them I sent you! As for your hotel I can't say, but there are all brand new and very high end. The area itself is a gated one off the main highway. Puerto Plata is only about 15 min. away, but you would never know it. I hope that you have a great time.

S

shauna

hi! We are neighbours, we live on Salt Spring Island! Anyway back to your question: My family used to live in Cofresi. It is a nice beach and close to your hotel. The area has changed so much in the last five years. THe tourist population is mostly European, so there is a certain vibe. A great resturant is Chris and Mody's, tell them I sent you! As for your hotel I can't say, but they are all brand new and very high end. The area itself is a gated one off the main highway. Puerto Plata is only about 15 min. away, but you would never know it. I hope that you have a great time.