Punta Cana to Santiago for a day?

JRFMRF

Mar 1, 2002
I am planning to go to Punta Cana in August with my husband and 2 daughters. We would like to spend a day in Santiago to visit my husband's family. Is there any way of doing this? I know helicopters are an option but is it safe...Any boats, and how long is the ride?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Santiago for a day?

JRFMRF, if you want go to Santiago for a day from Punta Cana, your expensive bet is by air. Surface travel is 5 - 7 hrs one way at best. There are cool and comfortable motor coaches from Punta Cana to the Capital and from there to Santiago. ....and if you do travel there by boat, the boat will have to be in the cradle of a boat trailer being pulled by MotoConcho One. Let us know how you make out. Regards, PJT

John El ?nico

Jan 9, 2002
Why you dont try Miami-Punta Cana by bus, then PC-Santiago by boat?
Don't forget to write your review of this fantastic trip.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
JRFMRF?? I guess you don't know much about the geography of the DR, huh.
Oh well. Your best and fastest trip would be to fly to Santiago from Punta Cana, but I do not believe that there are any scheduled flights. There are flights from Punta Cana to Puerto Plata (About$80.00) and you can get a cab from the airport, about an hour's ride or so.

The boat trip would be kinda hard, since the Yaque river empties into the Atlantic over by Haiti and you are on the Atlantic over by Puerto Rico...Besides the Yaque is not navigable except by flatbottomed boats, and there aren't any with motors. So you see that is kinda out of the picture.

As for the buses, that could be an nice option if you have two days for the trip.,

HB, with a grin....

Of course you could fly into POP, have the family meet you there, visit for a day and then fly on to PC and return from PC to wherever it is you came from...

rasilm

Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
Punta Cana / Santiago

Rate for the round trip Punta Cana / Santiago is US$275.00 dollars. Ride takes 5 1/2 hours each way. If you are interested e-mail me.