Ikea in Santiago?

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Is it possible to return an item bought at Ikea in Santo Domingo in Santiago?
Can you do exchanges there?
Are there items for sale in Ikea in Santiago or is it just a catalog office?
I tried chatting and emailing Ikea and it's useless.
Thanks for any info.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i only bought few items in santiago. they have a small showroom, i assume with most frequently sold stuff. you place an order and few days later you can either pick up or they deliver.
i have not inquired about exchanges.
did you try calling them? 809-567-4532.

Kip

Aug 21, 2015
The Santiago IKEA still operates the way described above (order & pick up in a few days), but they converted most of their storage into showroom....basically tripling it's size. They keep a good bit of stock there now so you have more options if you want to see/touch before you buy.

Sent from cigar country via smoke signal...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
oh, great to know! when i was there last time their showroom was really small.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Thanks for the info.  Conflicts a little from what I learned via chat with Ikea today so maybe someone can tell me true or false.
Was told via chat:

1. The Ikea outlet in Santiago in Autopista Duarte Km. 4m, Las Palomas, Santiago.
For those who have been:
Would this be hard to find driving in from POP? Am going this week with some friends to do errands and may ask them to try and find it?

2. I was told they have no stock in Santiago that it's just a pick up catalog place.  True or False?

3. Only unopen items can be returned.  I bought 3 packs of curtains.  Opened them and turns out 1 pack is 118 long vs 98 long.
Was told these can't be returned or exchanged.

4. Was told only way to get Family Card is if you get a Ikea Credit Card.  However if the bank doesn't approve you, you can get a Family discount card.  Told them I have a card from the states and Spain without needing to get credit card.  When asked how they can do it different here was told they don't know.

5. Was overcharged in SD for 2 items I bought.  Gave receipt number and had pic showing price I should have been charged and was told even though it was on CC I would have to take pic and receipt back to STI or SD.

Know this may seem trivial to some but thought it might save Ikea shoppers some time from trying to reach them via chat.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
All I know about Ikea in Santiago is you can get there in the public car PA. Same
one that passes right near where I live in La Joya. How convenient is that? :cheeky:

Last edited:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
... The Ikea outlet in Santiago in Autopista Duarte Km. 4m, Las Palomas, Santiago.
For those who have been:
Would this be hard to find driving in from POP? Am going this week with some friends to do errands and may ask them to try and find it?

It´s on the "other side" of Santiago when coming from POP.
Good luck getting across to the other side without getting lost.

Get a good map!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
It´s on the "other side" of Santiago when coming from POP.
Good luck getting across to the other side without getting lost.
Get a good map!

ikea is on the way out from santiago, going towards SD, close to HOMS. passing santiago is the easiest thing ever: upon entry keep on going straight, after passing bravo supermarket take left and keep on going straight. even stevie wonder could do it.
:)