i need to renew my cedula-info needed

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
My cedula will expire next month. anyone has renewed it lately and can you please inform on the steps and costs? i have permanent residency.
AZB

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
http://jce.gob.do/Cedulas-Extranjeros

RENOVACIÓN
Si un ciudadano extranjero necesita renovar su documento de Identidad, es necesario que deposite los siguientes documentos:

1. Pasaporte vigente (fotocopia del pasaporte de la pagina donde figuran la foto y los datos del solicitante).
2. Tarjeta de residencia vigente (fotocopia de ambos lados).
3. Cédula de identidad.
4. Recibo de pago.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Uh-oh. Planning to head to SD to do the same in a few days. Can I pay at the Junta office or do I need to pay in advance at the bank?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
http://jce.gob.do/Cedulas-Extranjeros

RENOVACIÓN
Si un ciudadano extranjero necesita renovar su documento de Identidad, es necesario que deposite los siguientes documentos:

1. Pasaporte vigente (fotocopia del pasaporte de la pagina donde figuran la foto y los datos del solicitante).
2. Tarjeta de residencia vigente (fotocopia de ambos lados).
3. Cédula de identidad.
4. Recibo de pago.

thanks, I just saw that on the net. sometimes what they list on the webpage is totally different from what is actually required when you show up at the office there.
In any case I am surprised to see i would have to cough up 3000 pesos to get my cedula renewed for 3 years.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Uh-oh. Planning to head to SD to do the same in a few days. Can I pay at the Junta office or do I need to pay in advance at the bank?

I have called them and I was told you pay at the window there.
AZB

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
My cedula will expire next month. anyone has renewed it lately and can you please inform on the steps and costs? i have permanent residency.
AZB

Don't you need to renew cedula and residency at the same time? Both renewable for 4 years?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
thanks, I just saw that on the net. sometimes what they list on the webpage is totally different from what is actually required when you show up at the office there.
In any case I am surprised to see i would have to cough up 3000 pesos to get my cedula renewed for 3 years.
AZB

Small price to pay to be an honorary Dominican :cheeky:

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Currently my cedula and residency are expiring in alternate years. Maybe they will only renew my cedula for one year this time for a lesser fee I hope.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Currently my cedula and residency are expiring in alternate years. Maybe they will only renew my cedula for one year this time for a lesser fee I hope.

yes, you have a choice to renew it for 1 yr, 2 yr o 3.
The cedula and residency don't necessarily expire at the same time anymore. now we have to pay for both separately and choose the number of years we would like to newer them for.
AZB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you pay for the cedula in JCE. they accept credit cards. the process lasts approximately 20-25 minutes. i think the price depends on the validity because i have seen people paying different amounts.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Momentary bit of panic averted. I honestly did not consider where I should pay. I just assumed at JCE. Having just returned from the bank, I was not looking forward to the prospect of having to go back. Glad that my accidental assumption turns out to be correct. 

Now if some sort of divine intervention would reduce the 11 hour bus ride for a 30 minute (estimated of course) processo in Santo Domingo a bit more apprehension would fade away. 

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i know what you mean. this time i got the last cedula on the same day as residency but before that i went to SD for cedula only. 5 hour drive (hello, SD traffic) each way just to spend 20 minutes in JCE? that felt so wrong :)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Get citizenship. Renew your Cedula every 10 years in any office in the DR for free. Passport every 6 years.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
i know what you mean. this time i got the last cedula on the same day as residency but before that i went to SD for cedula only. 5 hour drive (hello, SD traffic) each way just to spend 20 minutes in JCE? that felt so wrong :)

It is RIDICULOUS. That is what it is.

SARAH KATZ

Jul 20, 2011
Just renewed - went to office with passport, residency card (flashy new type with chip - super-smaarrt!) and current cedula. Gave docs to office - paid 3000 at window (think yours might be 4000 - take extra whatever), sent through to get pic/finger prints etc, checked details, go to waiting room - get called, fingerprint check, get card - in, out and away in c 20mins (mind you this was c 9:15 am)

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Just renewed - went to office with passport, residency card (flashy new type with chip - super-smaarrt!) and current cedula. Gave docs to office - paid 3000 at window (think yours might be 4000 - take extra whatever), sent through to get pic/finger prints etc, checked details, go to waiting room - get called, fingerprint check, get card - in, out and away in c 20mins (mind you this was c 9:15 am)

You went to the "passport" office? What? This is the Cedula area that is quick and simple. Once you find them.

SARAH KATZ

Jul 20, 2011
Nope - went to the office WITH passport :)

It's the cedula office for extranjeros - get bus to SD, get taxi from bus to Officina etc............sorted!!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Nope - went to the office WITH passport :)

It's the cedula office for extranjeros - get bus to SD, get taxi from bus to Officina etc............sorted!!

If you take Caribe Tours you can get off at avenida luperon and a very short taxi ride to JCE extranjeros. Only thing going back to the north coast you will have to go to SD Centro to take the bus.